Best Rated threads in Studebaker Autosshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Vertical bracket that holds the grill on a 55 coupe together
This it the vertical bracket that ties the upper air deflector, the grill center and the lower air intake panel together, part no 308121. A few months ago I was looking for this this bracket and...
1
1

Proper Tire Size 54 Commander
Assuming they are STOCK rims, as in the ones that came with the car, 205/75 will work and will be easier to find than the 195/75s usually recommended. The stock rims on a '54 should be 5" wide. The...
3
3

1962 Studebaker : Lark Daytona Con. Pace Car
Owner says there is no record at Indy by serial number to show if this is the real deal or not. Don't the Studebaker production orders show which ones were the Indy cars?
25
25

rodding a radiator versus boiling it out
A local man in my small town was recommended to me by a serious classic car collector to fix my Daytona radiator. My experience has been to take them to the radiator shop and have it boiled out. He...
7
7

getting at Avanti gas tank
Hope you can provide some advice for a friend of mine who has contacted me with an Avanti question (and I don't know much about it). He has a mid-70s II.....smelling gas inside and I told him that the...
13
13

Overheating Studebaker
I had this overheating problem in my 65 sedan and I think I have it solved. Since the car only has a 194 it didnt make sence to me to have to install a heavy duty radiator. So I decided to install a...
2
2

Factory R2 Vs Clones What are they worth?
I am looking for a Factory R2 4Speed / Automatic Hawk or Lark. I have been in contact with a Florida Car Owner with a R1/R3 Hawk 4speed clone. His car is very very nice. Any comments from this...
15
15

Randy's Avanti on ebay
It did better then we expected, that bodes well for the 16,000 mile one.
2
2

1953 frame stiffening suggestions
I am working on restoring a 1953 Commander Hardtop Coupe. I have heard the frame on this car referred to as the "flexi-flier" and so I wondered if anyone had any experience in stiffening the frame on...
17
17

Rear brake drum removal (AGAIN!)
I know, I know. Turn the castellated nut around, put on the correct puller and pound like the dickens! Only mine won't come off. 1st, my castellated nut wouldn't go on backwards. Just couldn't make it...
22
22

Avanti PS Hose Routing
Where can I find information or pictures of the power steering hose routing for a 1963 Avanti? Allen
3
3

64 wagonaire wheels
I have a set of F**d LTD "turbine" alloy wheels that I would like to use on my 64 Wagonaire.. Has anyone used these type wheels on a Stude? I have a new set of 205/75/r15 tires that I'd like to use...
10
10

Barris Built 47 Stude Kustom
Thought some of you might enjoy seeing the photos on a hotrod board of one of George Barris's few Studebaker Customs, the Tommy Thornburgh car (built in 1953):
2
2

ONAN 160-750 coil
I purchased some ignitions parts off eBay. Everything was clearly labeled except a strange looking coil. It is an ONAN 160-750 coil. It is about 2 inches square, with a 1/2 inch square hole through...
3
3

carb base plate for impco 425 mixer (propane)
i'v did alot of searching and reading on the net about propane conversions. i'v already bought most of the parts i need to do the conversion but still have a few questions. i know the impco 425 will...
4
4

R2 Engine for Sale for AVANTI
I have a "mostly complete" Avanti R2 engine for sale. It is an unstamped factory replacement block. It has New 0.060" Hyper-eutectic pistons (299 cubic inch), NOS 289 Crankshaft, new moly rings, cam...

Backspace/offset for wheels on my 1964 GT Hawk
Hi guys! I'm new to this internet thing, so I need some help. Will a reply be sent to my e-mail address, or do I need to check the group listing occasionally? Anyway, my question deals with the...
15
15

colors for 1959 studebaker lark interior
My 1959 Lark Regal 2 door hardtop has a sort of blue grey painted dash and matching seat cover material in vinyl . What interior color code is this?
1
1

What Stude V8 do I have from casting numbers
Hi, I am new to the group but have been lurking for quite a while. I just bought a 64 Daytona Hardtop project, it is a major project. It has a Stude V8 which the seller said was an R1, but I doubt it....
4
4

Cheap, close match for Ermine White touchup
JDP, did you tell me once that a certain shade of Sherwin Willliams paint is a good touch-up for Ermine White? Thanks, Bill Pressler
7
7