my 52

If anyone cares. Matthew

mbstude

I think you have a bit of a project there . Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
mbstude

Mine looked almost that bad, Matt. I parted it out.

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
mbstude

Thanks for sharing. If you work on it I'd be very interested to see how you go about it. My '57 Studebaker is in about the same state. :)

You guys might not know, but Houston, TX actually has the largest art car events in the world.. there are some amazing entries.. this year there were a couple of old cars that people got mechanically operational but otherwise left them as they were when they were puilled of of somebody's country backyard. It brings up an interesting idea.. rather than trying to recreate the past with a flawless restoration, what is the value of letting an old car just be an old car.. I know the folks that go after unrestored, good condition classics have an idea about this.. but what about a rusted and battered piece of classic machinery not afraid to show its age?

(also there were chopped Yogos with air tank powered freight-train horns, but that's a little too afield to not earn a full O.T. :) )

Here's a few links below..

-p

pride of '36

all art cars