OT- $3 gas doesn't look bad (by comparison)

Hey, why don't you just assert that ANWR is the cause of all oil problems and be done with it? Why don't you go to ultra-liberal neo-communist Jeb Bush and ask him why he doesn't allow drilling off of the FL coast? Answer: rich condo owners and developers are Jeb's favorite lobby.

Yours In Christ, John

Reply to
johnsmith060

Jeb will not allow drilling for the fear of a oil spill polluting the Florida beaches and killing the tourist industry for years. It's happened before and Jeb is just protecting his state against the risk. (Can't belive I'm defending Jeb Bush)

If C>>Yeah, now if we can just figure out how they got all those hurricanes to hit

Reply to
John Poulos

Damn straight...the lawyers would get my vote.

Yours In Christ, John

Reply to
johnsmith060

Come back when you're old enough to vote. Three posts, all dumber than the previous.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

I don't remember where in the constitution it says you have to run a successful business to be qualified for being the president.

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Particuly when it is sold for a lot more than one has invested in the business. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I didn't realize that 3rd world countries were replete with $250,000 homes. I don't think builders would be building those homes if there wasn't a demand for them. To say we are destined for third world status is ridiculous, but as a wise man once said, "Don't let the facts get in the way of good hyperbole."

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Lee... Stop clipping off the post you are talking about with your terse replies.. Your dumber comment could fit every single person that has replied to this post. Oh.. Now I get it Jeff

the previous.

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Wacky thing is... Now Castro is going to start drilling for oil closer to Florida that we are allowed to..

"John Poulos" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

You know who I blame? Jimmy Carter. His handling of the hostage crisis was such a colassal failure we are still trying to clean his mess up. His sit on the hands and hope for the best strategy has become the standing doctrine for Democrats ever since. I am amazed at the people that I run into today that still defend this man's presidency saying he was just a kind man that got eaten by a system that eats the good. He was weak, he was incompetent, he was slightly more adept at running the country as a head of cabbage would have been, but on the upside he was still a little better than WJC. Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Yeah, he was a real idiot. What a good thing we had a strong conservative backlash to rein him in. Imagine speeches about things like:

" The crises in Iran and Afghanistan have dramatized a very important lesson: Our excessive dependence on foreign oil is a clear and present danger to our Nation's security. The need has never been more urgent. At long last, we must have a clear, comprehensive energy policy for the United States."

"The oil and natural gas we rely on for 75 percent of our energy are running out. In spite of increased effort, domestic production has been dropping steadily at about six percent a year. Imports have doubled in the last five years. Our nation's independence of economic and political action is becoming increasingly constrained. Unless profound changes are made to lower oil consumption, we now believe that early in the 1980s the world will be demanding more oil that it can produce."

How about this article that begins:

" In his recent news conference, George Bush Jr. suggested that our nation's "problem" with high gasoline prices was caused by the lack of a national energy policy, and tried to blame it all on Bill Clinton. First, Junior said, "This is a problem that's been a long time in coming. We haven't had an energy policy in this country."

This was followed by, "That's exactly what I've been saying to the American people -- 10 years ago if we'd had an energy strategy, we would be able to diversify away from foreign dependence. And -- but we haven't done that. And now we find ourselves in the fix we're in." As is so often the case, Bush was lying.

Consider President Jimmy Carter's April 18, 1977 speech. Since it was given nearly three decades ago, when many of the reporters in Bush's White House were children, it's understandable that they don't remember it. But it's inexcusable that Bush and the mainstream media (which, after all, has the ability to do research) would completely ignore it. It was the speech that established the strategic petroleum reserve, birthed the modern solar power industry, led to the insulation of millions of American homes, and established America's first national energy policy. "With the exception of preventing war," said Jimmy Carter, a man of peace, "this is the greatest challenge our country will face during our lifetimes."

Carter was ridiculed for turning down the thermostat in the White House and wearing sweaters while trying to convince the American people that conservation was a national security issue. The ridicule was led by the Conservatives - wow, now that shrub is making the same noises, is it time to rehabilitate Carter?

I'd be hugely interested to know just what 'mess' is left from the hostage crisis - please, enlighten me. I guess the current mess made by the smirking chimp now in command has just driven it from my mind.

Oh, and perhaps you can shed some light on the fact that debt decreased under both Carter and Clinton while escalating precipitously under Reagan and both Bush presidencies?

Richard Lawler wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Oh Oh, looks like I touched the Carter nerve. I did say he was slightly better than WJC, I mean Carter never torched any Americans in their homes right? Of course, it's not too surprising that a president ruling over a country with gas lines (and facing losing a landslide election) might start talking about energy conservation. Jimmy turning down the therms was a great energy policy huh, really seemed to help. The difference between Carter and Clinton was Carter probably wanted to do some good for the country, he was just so inept he couldn't have found an elephant in a phone booth. Much less lead it out of it! Clinton was far too concerned with, "his legacy" (and , "other things") than trying to establish a national energy policy, (or stop terrorism, etc., etc.) However, this was one of the first things on George W. Bush's agenda when he was rightfully elected president.

Now, as far as enlightening you about Carter's mess with the hostage crisis, I'd be glad to. You mistakenly believe, "the current mess made by the smirking chimp now in command" is Bush's mess. This is Bush's mess the way the Great Depression was Roosevelt's. Bush is fixing it. If Jimmy would have had some onions back then and shown some leadership (you know, like GWB) the Islamists would not have been emboldened to continue challenging US supremacy. As it is, Iran and Carter compbined to show the way for future radical Islamists that we are a paper tiger that can be challenged with impunity. God bless the conservative backlash, may it live forever.

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

I took some pictures of Studebakers sitting in a junkyard......anyone want to see them?

Bob40...diversionist at large

Reply to
Bob

I think Pat misses Alex.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

It's not me... it Google.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I'd been wondering, in light of events of the past year, who could possibly comprise that 32% who still think he's doing a good job. Don't give up - no matter what he does, stick with him to the last drop of someone else's blood, and the last cent in someone else's pocket.

Got the new truck > Oh Oh, looks like I touched the Carter nerve. I did say he was

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Reply to
John Poulos

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk63 Avanti R1

62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 53 Starlight
Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Pat Drnec

For the first time in my life, I'm in the majority!

Reply to
Dave's Place