OT- $3 gas doesn't look bad (by comparison)

Now you know why I miss my gold '81 Datsun 310. Wasn't much of a looker, but VERY reliable and trouble free and great on gas the 7 short years I owned it. There is still a huge demand it seems for 20 year old Hondas, Toyotas and Nissan/Datsuns that are still in decent shape. Two years ago, someone near my house had an '86 Accord for sale which I thought $3500 was way too high of a price which he was quite firm on. Guess not; as he had it sold a week later.

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

Diesel Rabbit

First and second generation Civics often bring $2,500 + on ebay. One first generation 1200 brought nearly $5K not long ago.

My FE project should be valued in the $2,500 up market once it's on the road...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

wish i could find a 70's VW Diesel Rabbit.. knew 2 people had them..

56 MPG at 60+ MPH.. cant do that now with anything new --Shiva--
Reply to
me

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Try to back up that pennies statement with some facts. He was brilliant lawyer and would not have been so if he cheated his clients. Do a little research. If the doctors and hospitals did their jobs they would not get sued so often. Here is his most successful case. I suppose you think the girls parents should have settled for the first offer-- The defining case in Edwards' legal career wrapped up that same year. In

1993, a five-year-old girl named Valerie Lakey had been playing in a Wake County, N.C., wading pool when she became caught in an uncovered drain so forcefully that the suction pulled out most of her intestines. She survived but for the rest of her life will need to be hooked up to feeding tubes for 12 hours each night. Edwards filed suit on the Lakeys' behalf against Sta-Rite Industries, the Wisconsin corporation that manufactured the drain. Attorneys describe his handling of the case as a virtuoso example of a trial layer bringing a negligent corporation to heel. Sta-Rite offered the Lakeys $100,000 to settle the case. Edwards passed. Before trial, he discovered that 12 other children had suffered similar injuries from Sta-Rite drains. The company raised its offer to $1.25 million. Two weeks into the trial, they upped the figure to $8.5 million. Edwards declined the offer and asked for their insurance policy limit of $22.5 million. The day before the trial resumed from Christmas break, Sta-Rite countered with $17.5 million. Again, Edwards said no. On January 10, 1997, lawyers from across the state packed the courtroom to hear Edwards' closing argument, "the most impressive legal performance I have ever seen," recalls Dayton. Three days later, the jury found Sta-Rite guilty and liable for $25 million in economic damages (by state law, punitive damages could have tripled that amount). The company immediately settled for $25 million, the largest verdict in state history. For their part, Edwards and Kirby earned the Association of Trial Lawyers of America's national award for public service.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

It's called voting against a proven liar and incompetent. It called voting for anything other than the proven idiot already in office. People made fun of my for voting against Nixon in 72. They changed their tune when he was exposed as a crook and a liar.. So sad that we have to go through the same learning curve with this crook. He will go down in history as one of the worst if not the worst presidents is history and just like with Nixon, many of those who voted for him will hide that fact.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I gathered that a long time ago from your posts.(:-)

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Seig Heil!

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Proved right here,

memory is faulty. I deal in facts.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

And did Edwards take his 1/3rd cut? Why would a lawyer settle for $33,000 when he has the potential to line his pockets with $7 - $8 million.

Lee

***
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

DING DING DING!!!! And the honorable Rev. Alex (Jesse Sharpton) Magdaleno pulls out the race card!!! I did not see that move coming.

Lee

***
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I think the new Jetta Diesels (TDI?)come close to that. You may sacrifice a few miles per gallon in the interest of much better acceleration over the original Rabbit Diesels, but still more than excellent fuel mileage.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Here's another refernece of the dems bending over for illegal tresspassers from Pat's neck of the woods. This should give the rest of us an idea of where this country will be headed if they ever get power again.

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Richard, please follow your own advice. If, heaven forbid, a newbie Studebaker fan who is a Democrat sees your post, he may feel the entire NG shares your opinion. You said you would only reply to bashing of your beliefs, who pray tell bashed your immigration views ? Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to get this back and forth bickering to stop. Pat's happy in his neck of the woods, you are happy in yours, lets leave it at that. What did you do on your Studebaker this week ?

Richard Lawler wrote

Reply to
John Poulos

Pat specifically asked me to post any evidence that I had backing up the statement that the dems are pandering to the illegal trespassing criminals hoping to get them voting rights to shore up their base in future elections. I'd love for this to stop. However, I wonder if you are directing the same to Pat.

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
studes4ever

Reply to
John Poulos

no thanks.. already heard about the water and fuel pumps/.

NO WAY..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Sorry, didn't get this until today. Alex, you don't dissapoint. You think this is proof? I suppose OJ didn't kill Nicole either. And MJ never fondled little boys.

Reply to
studes4ever

Good grief, enough is enough. Take your petty bickering to email, Please! I've seen enough asses this week to gag a maggot off of a gut wagon..

Reply to
Dave's Place