OT- $3 gas doesn't look bad (by comparison)

Go hold yourself Jr..

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Why... you tired of doing it for me Lee?

Reply to
Holden McGroin

funny thing about Cuba..

report on radio some time back was discussing PREnatal care..

US was pretty far down the list..in the 30's or such? Cuba was 13th its far better for pregnant mothers to be living in Cuba than the US. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

and truth be known the votes do NOT matter.. its the ELECTORIAL College that picks the winner..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

according to an email I got recently, the US has spent about 270 billion on the fight over there, and killed 250,000 civilians.. slightly over 1 million per civilian --Shiva--

Reply to
me

Thank you Captain Jerkoff.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Reply to
John Poulos

not in my book.. a 150 is a half ton PU..

Look at the Hummer, the Cad Escalade.. and the like.. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

seems that BOTH GM and Ford lost a billion apiece this last quarter? I want a car that is ECONOMICAL.. neither one makes one..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Jeeze, I was getting 13+ mpg with the Diesel Suburban; towing a Stude on a trailer. When you consider the hauling capacity, some SUVs are downright economical.

But if I had to live in the city, and do a daily commute, I'd be driving a Diesel Rabbit instead, or something equally thrifty, AND easy to park.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

You are beyond hope. A dozen Mack trucks couldn't pull you back to reality.

Does Teddy Kennedy adressing the gathering of law breakers and abetters a couple of weeks ago on the NAtional Mall and calling them the, "new civil rights movement". Qualify as a reference??

This one single statement proves beyond any doubt how far remove fom reality you are, and I'm glad you said it so any of the resonable people reading this thread will realize just who you are. Do the words "Dan Rather" and "forged documents" ring a bell.

The crisis of gay marriage has pretty much been settled at the polls by the individual states and by Bush's two appointments to the Supreme Court who will hopefully put this county back on trank with some judicial restraint. Which I'm sure you also don't believe there has been any Judicial activism is the past 40 years either, but like I said a dozen Mack trucks couldn't pull you back to reality.

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

I'd rather fall for the hype than fall for the horse s***. Your figures do not include what the U.S. Military provides to the world in aid and assistance, much of this to the glorious other first world countries that give more percentage of their GDP because they don't have to provide a F*****' miltary for themselves because they live under our umbrella. But I'm with you man, the next time the Nazi's (or some other such regime) decides to steam roll across Europe we should just stay home and let them take care of it. Let the third world countries that they have given so much to come to their aid. HA!

You know Alex, my good friend Barry Hackney isn't talking to me right now because he thinks I'm a flaming liberal. Which really says something about Barry's politics, but that's beside the point. However, I respect the hell out of Barry, because he has honest to God opinions that are his own and the he has researched. He knows his history, and he has read quite a few books (albeit some rather whacky books in alot of cases ). I had something I was going to say here about NPR and second hand puke, but I think you can fill in the blanks. I will say this though, I'd rather have ten Barry Hackney's in this world than one person like you.

. >You fall for all the hype don't you? How much one person or one country

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

Here is an exmple of what looks a like simple math question is really not so simple. The Democrats do not need to have a 2/3 majority, they need to get

2/3 of all legislators of any party to vote Aye. How will that happen you ask? Not likely but here is a way. They only need to get 51% of either house to finally be able to start all the stalled investigations into the lies we have been told on many subjects. Once the truth of all these lies comes out the public will put pressure on their representatives to do something. I think there still may be a few Republicans who will be honest enough to do what is right for the country instead of what is right for the party. It's just like with Nixon. He resigned because he could see that he could no longer fool the people and he was going to be impeached. How sad that so many here, who are old enough to have lived through that period did not learn it's lessons.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

This whole discussion is like listening to two people argue that a GMC truck is way better than a Chevy or vise versa. Neither Democrat nor Republicans offer any real solutions to our problems. They're just like GM; they make the same junk and put different names on it to fool the ignorant public that there is really a difference. That's why this country needs a strong THIRD party to help make them all a bit more honest, if that is possible for any politician.

Reply to
1949commander

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

But it's the same as the Ford Expedition (just has a 6' bed attached instead of the 3-4 ft of enclosed cabin space). This is Texas and we currently own three Ford trucks and two Avantis...although I'll admit I'm looking for something a little smaller to replace my 2003 Super Crew.

I saw one of the new Jeeps on the road yesterday...5.8L Hemi!!! Yikes!! When did they start that? I think the carmakers having swung our thinking back to the "musclecar era" (with power being an important buying factor of a car) and now the oil producers have decided to stick it to us with rising gas prices to take advantage of that.

Let's face it, Americans are self-centered and notorious for being caught up in the whole "image" thing. We want to look cool, drive a bigger, faster, flashier, and noisier car than the guy down the street...and basically, we don't give a damn about the price of gas, the global economy or the evnironment. We want what we want, when we want it and we're willing to pay for it.

Sure, we gripe about it...on our cellphone, driving along our superhighways at 80 mph, heading 400 miles to attend a silly car show or swap meet and think about it when we log pay $70 to fill up that gas-guzzling, fume-emitting, 6000 lb piece of steel that takes us down the road!

There are a select few who really care...they're the ones slowing down traffic in their tiny little clown-cars, wearing their tye-dyed t-shirts with their ponytail flapping in the breeze and their placards in the back window of their "car"...praying they make it the 30 miles across town in time to parade in front of TV cameras and make the evening news.

We're different folks with different agendas...that's what makes us Americans!

Enough sermonizing. I can't keep up with you super-brains that think you know how to solve all the problems of the world...but still sit on your butts in front of the computer instead of volunteering to get out there and actually DO something to help.

I need to get outside and erect a chain-link fence and install a doggie-door for Tricia's 3 dogs that are moving over here to join us. After that, I get to start moving boxes and boxes and more boxes of "stuff" to incorporate two households into one. My biggest concern is where am I gonna put all her "stuff" and still keep all my car parts and toys??

Bob (my back hurts already!)

snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62