OT- $3 gas doesn't look bad (by comparison)

I'll accecpt your apology, if it is sincere, and that's what it takes to stop the trash truck from delivering garbage in my front yard, rather than picking it up.

I don't care what your point is, as it is pointless in this forum, and you are not going to sucker me deeper into this manure pile by referring to my career, to confirm or deny anything.

Just knock it off!

PERIOD!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Reply to
Dave's Place

At least 1/3 I would guess. Out here it is often 40% That still is a lot of money for the parents, not pennies. I presume you would like a lawyerless society. In that case the parents would not have even been offered the 100K. And 100K would be gone in the first year or caring for the girl. Remember that the lawyer gets nothing if he loses and he has spent years and lots of his money on the case. You are thinking of the class action lawyers who often make million and the individuals in the "class" get a few bucks each.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

We all know where Barry stands.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Oh, I see how it is then. You accept my apology, "if it is sincere", and say something about that's what it's going to take if we're all going to get along and then basically tell me to shut the hell up. Nice! I didn't bring this crap to this forum, and I am honestly trying to get it stopped. However, as I understand it at this point this is an open forum where anyone's views can be totally trashed and we should just smile and take it. Not how I want it to be, but that's appaently what we have become. Sorry you feel the way you do about me now, you too Jerry, but I avoided this for years (just smiled and took it) and now after just a week of me speaking my peace, well now I'm on the Sh** list. Your the second person to take my head off for no reason this week. I've apologized and admitted I was wrong twice this week, Haven't seen anyone else do that.

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

And what does Barry have to do with this? This is a discussion/argument between you and Richard, and you hit the panic button.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Presume... assume, same thing... no need to read or respond to rest of message.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

What I'm trying to say is that we are told if it has OT in the header we don't have to read it and if we do well, it's not someone else's fault if we are offended at what is being said. We were warned right? However, it just doesn't work that way does it Dave? You, and others including myself, were drawn into this even though it was probably the last thing we really wanted to do. What I have been attempting to demonstrate is that it doesn't require much intelligence at all to come on here and start angering people with stupid crap that doesn't belong here. Not that I don't have much, I just haven't used much this week. Does that statement ring true for any of the rest of you? I hope some of you, because you know who I am and that this has been way out of character for me, have realised what I was doing. We are so saturated with politics wherever we go these days in our personal lives couldn't we have this one place to come where we don't have to listen to our beliefs being trashed? When I say that I am absolutely talking about both sides. It is not why I am here. I don't want to trash anyone and I certainly don't want to be trashed. There are so many places in the web you can go for that kind of thing, but there just aren't too many places to go to talk about Studebakers. There are a few others, but frankly I think this one is the best. If I didn't care deeply for this group and the people that are here, I would not have done the things I have been doing this week. Pat, what you don't know about me is that I live in a town that makes L.A. look like a bastion of conservatism. I have to see and hear my viewpoint bashed on a daily basis where I live and where I work. My GF of almost six years shares many of the same views you do. We don't talk politics very much so it works okay, great actually. She is the love of my life. I'd really like to know more about your Studes and how you got interested in this great hobby. I hope we can talk face to face one day and be glad that we are. Be able to shake each other's hands and like it. John, it physically pains me to get in jabs with you. You are one of the one's I respect the most on here. You were such a help to me in the early days of me being on this group. I don't know if I would have ever finished my truck if it hadn't have been for you and others on this group. Remember when Bob Lyle paid for my first membership into the SDC because I was so over my head in the truck I couldn't pay the dues? Later I paid for Tosie's. That's the kind of place we were once. One thing John has been spot on about this week is that if we don't temper this it is just going to get worse as the election draws near. We all could just form a gentleman's agreement that we won't do it and be done. If someone else tries to incite us we could just all (as a bi-partisan group) calmly inform them that we have been down that road before, didn't like where it went, and ask them to kindly cease and desist. Honestly hoping for the best.

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:02:39 -0700, Richard Lawler wrote:

Richard Lawler

'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion

Reply to
Richard Lawler

I do wish you would read. I was responding to this part of his message--- "I'd rather have ten Barry Hackney's in this world than one person like you."

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I do read, your rambling usually bores me and I may miss or skip over some of it.

I'd say that's a safe assessment, 10 Barry's and one of you are probably equally as ignorant in this world.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I'll match brains with you any day on world history and politics.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Well, aren't you somethin'!!!

Too bad your timing isn't as good as your knowledge of world history and politics, because this thread pretty much died out last week.

Lee

***
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

All this from someone who lives in a state that elected Arnold as it's Govenor? And you have the audacity to complain about GW as Govenor of Texas? hahahaha!!

Don't get me wrong...Arnold may make a great Govenor for a state that sorely needs someone to pull the head of the masses out of their collectvie asses!

Bob

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62

It certainly appears to be the prime location for originating loony ideas and policies...

JT

Bigbob62 wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

You assume either that I voter for Arnold or that all residents of a state are guilty by association. The fools who voted for him are th same type as voted for Bush. They were dazzeled by the hype and didn't look at the impossibility of the message.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I do have a life and other things to do. You might let the other poster here in the last few days know it is dead,

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

So tell us how was the immigration rally where you live? Did you carry a Mexican flag or an upside down American flag?

Lee

***
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Didn't go but I love to see the conservatives so upset. They don't see the irony in their position. But then, introspection is not their strong suit. The reason Mexico is such a mess is that it had one partry rule for 70 years and the rich are in control, with a small middle class and masses of poor. Guess which party now has one party rule and has tried to make it permanent? Look up the K street project, and then look at Delay's actions. Then look up the war on the middle class. The conservatives, if they are not stopped will turn us into a Mexico. The few radicals who disrespected the flag are just that, a few radicals among thousands of peaceful marchers.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno