Studebaker racing

Does anyone have any info on Studebaker racing at the Indy 500? It seems to me that at one time they sponsered a car with maurie Rose driving. In fact I think that the proving ground track was built as a duplicate of the indy track for that reason.

Reply to
Louis Toth

Check this link -

zoombot

I tried to send a picture but it did not go through. It is of the 1932 #46 Studebaker Special with Luther Johnson as driver with Bill Mallar as the driver mechanic. I know I have more info somewheres - will have to look around when I get a chance. Am going to send a smaller image size with this post and hope it gets out to you.

Does anyone have any info on Studebaker racing at the Indy 500? It seems to me that at one time they sponsered a car with maurie Rose driving. In fact I think that the proving ground track was built as a duplicate of the indy track for that reason.

begin 666 1932_Studebaker_Special_at_Indy.jpg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`E@"6``#__@`G1FEL92!W2U?$.55V=(M=#3L!)(7N -SN3UW/3&$98F99Q^7#2I/%%N69=,

Reply to
Terry and Glenda

I got your pic just fine...

"Terry and Glenda" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Weird - My posts in this group are not showing up on my ISP for some unfathomable reason.

Reply to
Terry and Glenda

The first pic went through fine for me..

Jt

Terry and Glenda wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

me that at one time they sponsered a car with maurie Rose driving. In fact I think that the proving ground track was built as a duplicate of the indy track for that reason.

Reply to
studegary