Studebaker Tree Sign/More

Fuck the campers

.
Reply to
BondoBill1

I wonder if it's possible to restore the sign without removing and replanting some of the trees. Doesn't make much sense if trimming the trees is going to leave a bunch of 80% naked trees. I would think the museum board would have a hand in this... but that might make the issue worse.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

made PAGE 2 of the Sunday Washington Post. It seems that the (arboreal) sign, which was planted in 1938 by the Civilian Conservation Corp, has been on the National Historic Register since 1986, is in danger of disappearing. The tops of the trees are now around 75 feet and they're growing together, causing the definition of the name to be hard to read, albeit, only from the air. The St. Joseph County Park Authority is in charge of the site, but can't decide whether or not to trim the trees. In addition to the considerable cost of trimming, the trees are located on the Bendix Woods Park site and the campers enjoy the shade. \\\\ BobJ

Reply to
Bob Johnstone