Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What does GDA mean in relation to Subaru Impreza
Hi all, I have just put a deposit down on a 2003 Impreza WRX( in the UK). The registration document shows it as being a "gda" variant. Does anyone know what this means? Is it just a way of denoting...
5
5

07 Legacy Spec.B - Jerky Acceleration
I have a 9-month-old 2007 Subaru Legacy Spec.B than has been accelerating somewhat choppily ever since I bought it. At first I just wrote it off as normal turbocharger lag, but lately I have been...
7
7

JOBD on Japanese models?
Hi, sorry for the slightly off-topic here, I asked on the Toyota newsgroup, but it seems to be a newsgroup in turmoil (off-topic outnumbers on-topic). I'm currently in a country which gets a lot of...
26
26

PCV valve - 2001 Forester w/ 117k miles
Thanks, Steve, for the earlier post on where to access the PCV valve on my friend's Forester; I have not yet taken the time to replace it. My question is: How often is it recommended to replace it?...
4
4

Replacing Keyless Entry Receiver
Have a 2005 Subaru Outback Wagon and the Keyless Entry is giving us problems. One remote "fob" works: both locks and unlocks the car. The second fob, with a new battery, will unlock but not lock the...
2
2

Fuse blowing intermittently
I have a 98 Legacy Brighton wagon, 2.2L, 5 speed that I've had for about 4 years. After having the car for about a year, it blew the 15amp E/G IGN SRS Airbag fuse, causing the car to stall and not re-...
1
1

2006 Forester--is the tweeter kit worth it?
After having my new Forester for a few weeks I know I need to upgrade the sound system. I have the premium package with the 6 cd changer and from what I've read, what will make the most difference is...
15
15

91 Loyale SW - 4WD problem
I recently purchased a 1991 Subaru Loyale Manual Stationwagon. At the time of purchase, pressing the 4WD button on the stick turned on the 4WD. When I tried to turn on the four wheel drive again,...
1
1

95 Legacy Oil Leak
Hello I have a 1995 Legacy L Wagon with 120K on it, and, I started smelling oil burning earlier this week. Nothing noticible from the top of the engine, but, when I crawled underneath, I appear to...
17
17

"Power" light flashes after start up
Subaru Legacy, 1992, 168K - More and more frequently, when I start the car, the Power light on the dashboard (next to the Manual light) flashes 16 times. Generally, this is accompanied by extremely...
2
2

Things they don't tell you about your AWD Subaru
Hi All! Two words: Torque Bind Inside of your AWD transmission is a clutch pack which allows the rear drive to "slip" a bit during tight turns and such, thus eliminating the klunk-klunk-klunk...
21
21

Fundamental Question: What is "Torque Bind" and what is it indicative of?
I should preface with, I know what torque bind is in a S00B trans/diff. we sold a S00B to a girl and she came back a few days later saying it 'felt funny and made a noise going around sharp corners"....
9
9

Is this some weird CVT behavior?
I drove into my driveway the other day (that being the logical thing to do in a driveway :-)), and forgot to put my Outback into park before picking up pen and paper to log my mileage. I must have...
27
27

Subaru Fiori
Hello all, Don't know if anyone can help out with this technical question but worth a try. The Subaru Fiori maybe called 'Rex' or 'Ace' in other countries, not sure. Anyway this one in Australia has...
23
23

1999 Subaru Forester Burning Oil
We are the only owners of a 1999 Subaru Forester. For the past 6 months it has been "losing" oil, but with no solid explanation. Our mechanic found no leaks, left it running on idle for close to 30...
15
15

bad smell after clutch change
Ever since I had the clutch changed on my 92 Legacy (standard shift), a bad burning smell emanates in the cabin every time I use the clutch in first gear (on an incline). The person who changed the...
4
4

Subaru Outback 2004: OIL BURNER ?
Hello!, I have a Subaru Outback 2004 2.5i (168CV) since 2004-may, I by this car new. I drive with it 50.000 Km in a familiar use (I never execed the 4500 rpm, I drive betwen 2.000 and 4.000 rpm)....
13
13

1993 Subaru Legacy Radio Removal Help Needed
Can someone tell me how to remove the radio from a 1993 Subaru Legacy? Does one have to remove the floor shifter console to get to the radio? Are there any clips that one needs to be careful of when...
2
2

91 Loyale running too cold?
Hey folks, I have a 1991 Subaru Loyale wagon (automatic, 4x4, EA82 fuel injected, 122,223 miles) and I'm having a bit of trouble with the cooling system. No, it's not overheating, the problem is that...
2
2

subaru blow off valve check engine light
I modified my oem blow off valve to vent to atmosphere just too see if i like the result. I have a check engine light on after a few hours of running my car in this configuration. Is this common with...
6
6