Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question for the experts - 1990 Legacy (EJ22) won't start
Hi all, Here's a tricky one. Just hoping for some brainstorming type ideas. I have a 1990 Legacy GX (New Zealand new model, if that matters). The clutch was s lipping and the cam belt was due for...
8
8

How to remove lock cylinder '91 Legacy
I just puchased a 91 legacy wagon. The key just turns around in the drivers side front door lock. I have taken off the inside door panel, but can't see how to get access to the lock cylinder.
5
5

Couple of Subaru Loyale Questions
Hi, I have a 1992 Subaru Loyale 4x4 wagon, about 259000 kms. (first clutch, I believe) 1st Problem: when slowing up to a stop light, with the clutch pedal down, the car seems to jerk along until the...
6
6

Motor Oil Shelf Life
Hello, I'm wondering if motor oil has a known shelf life. I "discovered" a forgotten container of Castrol GTX in my mom's garage. It's likely almost 6 years old. Any harm in putting it to good use?...
7
7

Partially OT: Headlights
What is it with plastic headlights? There seems to be an entire range of things happening to the lights on various cars. My 2008 Outback has the slightest bit of surface crazing that is only visible...
4
4

2014 Subaru Forester CVT question
Hi, I have put a few miles on my 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium with CVT tran smission, and I have noticed some behavior that I have some questions about . Both of these observations occurred while...
11
11

In praise of Redline engine oil
For thirteen years I have been happily using Mobil 1 engine oil in my 2000 Impreza L Coupe. It has 95k+ miles and the engine runs beautifully, very smooth- a really,really, nice car overall. Recently...
8
8

Full Time Vs. Part Time AWD ?
Hi, Can someone please explain for me the differences between full-time AWD and part-time AWD ? I guess the Outback is full time, which certainly sounds better (except for its influence on gas mileage...
9
9

Leaky front suspension bushing
Hi group! While I was under my 2003 Subaru Forester this afternoon changing the oil and surgically removing the latest piece of exaust shielding that was rattling, I noticed that the rear bushing on...
3
3

99 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon Sunroof Seal Replacement
This one has me a bit torqued!! The seal on the rear of my sunroof is shot and the sunroof leaks pretty bad. I have to tape it up when it rains. The other 3 sides drain into the pan and drain out...
1
1

97 2.5 dohc misfire 1&3
97 Outback 2.5 dohc misfiring on 1 & 3 at idle. Around 50k miles on the engine. Runs great on the road or highway. Idles really rough and codes misfires on 1 & 3 which we know are on the same side of...
2
2

EJ22 Alternator Bearings
Bearings in my '93 EJ22 alternator have become very noisy and sound like they want to be replaced. Has anyone part numbers for SKF or other replacements bearings please? Is there one or two bearings?...
1
1

AWD and tire blowout question
Does having AWD make a tire blowout at high speed any safer? In 30 years of driving I have experienced my first tire blowout at high speed. It happened last month while driving in the left lane of a...
4
4

Subaru performance problems: in-efficient automatic transmission?
I was reading review of 2007 Outback and saw this: "Unfortunately, the Outback's automatic transmissions still leave much to be desired, as they sap power by upshifting too early. Automatic-equipped...
14
14

Window glass not moving with motor
'93 Subaru Impreza AWD L Sedan Okay, new problem to me. (-; Driver's side electric window will not go up or down unless I move it by hand. Hand movement of the window seems smooth. You can hear the...
17
17

EA81 torque specs?
I'm putting this thing back together now... Can someone scan the page on torque specs from the manual please? Rich
2
2

Fuel Injector Tapping Noise on 06 Outback
Hi fellow Subaru owners, RE: 2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i AT Non-Turbo Driving at low acceleration, coasting and at idle I often hearing a ticking/tapping noise that seems to be intermittent,...

Rotten Egg gas smell in Liberty/Legacy Wagon
Hi Had my new MY05 Libery wagon for few weeks now. Done about 1000Km's. Still in the breaking in period, so not pushing it hard. Im smelling some kind of rotten egg gas smell in the cabin. Not too...
9
9

02 sensor resistor mod for pinging forester
One for Danny Russell if he is out there. I have a pinging/knocking forester, searched the newsgroup, and found someone tried a 22 k resistor (I think Danny) in parallel with the 02 sensor to make it...

How much boost on an STi?
I have a new, US Spec '05 STi. The highest pressure I get on the standard Subaru boost guage is 0.09MPa, which converts to about 14PSI. Does this seem to be the correct amount of boost to you? Philip
7
7