Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint Peeling from Hood Scoop?
My 98 Outback wagon has developed this problem. Is the hood scoop (whatever you call it... the vent opening in the engine cover) removable? Has anyone here dealt with this problem before? TIA.
13
13

What is a road crown? - Forester Alignment problem
Got the car back from the dealer. Fixed the alignment but the car still pulled to the right. The technician mentioned that this is because there is some problem with the Geolander tires. His notes...
10
10

fusible link in subaru
what does the fusible link in a 91 subaru legacy wagon do? it is drawing on the battery causing the battery to run down everynight uhnless i disconnect this fuse and reconnect it before driving every...
5
5

Remote start 02 Impreza
I have a 2002 WRX with factory keylessentry alarm. Is it possible to installed a remote start in 2002?
8
8

Door-is-open warning light on Forester...floating ground?
Back on 9/05/03, I posted a msg describing an intermittent problem I'm having with the red 'some-door-is-open' light that always stays illuminated on the dash panel. This is happening on a...
5
5

Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment 1997 Subaru Impreza
My 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 2.2L has the CHECK ENGINE light on . I went to Autozone and their diagnostic tool indicated problem with the Throttle Position Sensor. How do you adjust the TPS...
2
2

Forester versus Outback?
I was very new to Subarus last month when I got my wife a Forester XS- Premium 5-speed. Having done more research now, I wonder what are the important differences between the Forester and the Outback,...
10
10

2011 Subaru Outback Differential oil change question
If you put synthetic in you might be able to disregard the front diff but I would do the rear at least every 40k miles or so. GL-5 in the rear I'd guess the front probably could stomach GL-5 as well...
9
9

EA81 stalls at idle
Ok, The last time I posted about this problem I got the description wrong (its my wifes car and I misunderstood what she said :). We have a 1983 1800 4WD EA81 (OHV) soob. It stalls intermitantly at...
1
1

Difference between 5M and 4A in engine spec?
I've seen Subaru Legacy L vehicles listed with engine specs of: 2.5L 4cyl 4A 2.5L 4cyl 5M What's the difference between 4A and 5M?
2
2

cleaning wrx a/c coil?
How can I access and clean the air conditioner's cooling coils in a 2002 wrx? It's not summer yet, but each summer I get an odor from using the a/c. Some people say cleaning the coils with anti mold...
2
2

Headgasket Leaking - Lemon Law help?
I have a 2000 Subaru Outback that developed coolant leaks at Headgaskets leaked at 20,000, 46,000 and the last one at 63,000 miles. I had the tsb done with the additive but it's done no good. Are...
17
17

2004 WRX Manual Transmission Fluid Change - Observations
Finally got a around to doing the change at just under 3800K miles on the odo. First of all, I got my Stahlwille 1/2-drive T70 Torx socket last week, which fit the drain bolt head perfectly. I tried...
18
18

1990 Subaru Loyale Wagon Spark Problems
Car died while driving. Power in battery, engine turns over, alternator new, starter moving. pulled into shop and got no spark tested ignition coils, replaced coils and high tension wire. Still, no...
4
4

Stereo keeps changing volume randomly autonomously?
So the stereo system in my 2008 Tribeca has started to get a mind of its own. For some reason, the volume goes up or down on its own, without you touching the controls. You can see the volume level...
1
1

my new subaru 1st & 2nd gear
06 impreza wagon, with manual tranny. when engaged in 1st and 2nd gears, if you release the throttle, at aroune 1000rpm, the car will jerk bouncily. It only happens in 1st and 2nd gear, not in 3rd or...
31
31

Torque & valve adjustment specs for EA81 head gasket replacement
I Have a 3 wheeled motorcycle called Critter it has a EA81 engine & I need information. It was built as a prototype in 1990
1
1

powerlight flashes,ABS and Check engine light all come on together
2000 liberty auto

Re: 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Road Test: Still Defying Convention
Direct link: This sentence doesn't make sense to me, though: "the Outback evolved from Subaru's Legacy sedan" The Outback evolved from the Legacy *wagon*. Maybe the wagon evolved from the sedan and...
7
7

Premium Or Regular Gas ?
Hi, Thinking of a new Forester, or possibly an 2014 Outback when they become available. I read something regarding that the Forester is recommended for Premium gas "for optimal performance" by Subaru....
11
11