Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problems checking the AT fluid level
I am having a problem checking my automatic transmission fluid level. It all started when I wanted to drain some of the transmission fluid out of the car, because the level of fluid was too high. It...
6
6

which coolant to top off
Hi, my both subies are running low on coolant - I do not see anything on the bottom of the reserve canister (however in the radiator itself it seems be okay). So I need to top off what is missing. I...
10
10

Trouble Starting 96 Subaru Outback Legacy and Moving out of Park
Recently, my Subaru has had trouble starting. It will click, but not turn over. I have had the battery, starter, and alternator checked at Sears and they couldn't find a problem. I've done a...
13
13

remove brakelight 2002 outback
can anyone tell me how to do this? I have to replace the entire fixture (not on the hatch)I don't want to break anything but I can't seem to get it off.I just bought a used one for $100 as new ones...
1
1

any additive to differential fluid for limited slip?
I'm replacing the rear differential fluid on my '03 Legacy GT with 75W90 synthetic. It has limited slip rear diff, do I have to add any friction modifier additive for the LSD? Any advice would be...
3
3

Subaru site
Bumped into this one: an official site but has some interesting comparison information, prices, etc. Frank
1
1

Cup holders!!!!!!!
I have a little 97 Outback Sport which I love, and I know this sounds lame, but it has no cup holders! I've tried several Auto Zone types of cup holders. One, which slides between the front seat and...

Aftermarket cruise control
Might any of you have first-hand experience with the use and/or installation of Rostra (sp?) cruise control kits on a Subaru. I'm considering installing one in our '94 Legacy. Phil
1
1

Tyre wear 05 Outback
Outside shoulder on all tyres showing excess wear compared to the rest of the tyre which has heaps of tread, is this common on Outback's ?
8
8

Catalytic Converter problem
Got a 03 Forester with 160,000km. A month ago the check engine lamp came= = on. Brought it to the dealership and was told they found a code saying = that the sensors telling that catalytic converter...
7
7

winter rims?
Sometime back the service guy at the dealership said that Subies require special winter rims, not the standard black ones that you get at an auto parts stores. True or not? Second my standard rims are...
21
21

The Japanese car and parts can be bought very cheaply
Dear everyone, Thank you for reading our email. We want to inform you of the method of buying a Japanese car and parts very cheaply. Please contact us by E-mail. Email: Regards, Japan Vehicle Service...
1
1

aiming foglights on 2001 OBW
They came aimed very low. I asked my dealer to aim them the same as low beam headlights. He said they wouldn't go that high. Is he right? Is there a workaround?
5
5

Adjust headlight aim on 2007 Outback wagon?
Anyone know how?

96 Legacy GT
I've heard some ppl have had this problem with their legacy's but no one seems to know why it does it and my knowledge of cars isn't that great. After driving the legacy around for a while the car...
3
3