Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1996 Legacy GT cooling fans running constantly
Was wondering if anybody has had the following problem? Jumped into car to go to work this morning, spun over as usual but no firing; CEL on and cooling fans both running. Guessing that it was a...
4
4

1998 Subaru Legacy Overheating
Ok I recently bought this car used at 91K miles. Now it has 92K miles.... I've had it for about a month. I'm driving down the road one day going about 60, when all of a sudden the check engine light...
6
6

Falken ZE512 on ice and light snow.. Great! (Seattle)
We Falenized both Soobs with 512s before the Consumer Reports test that put them in the top 3 at #3. Ones a '00 Legacy OB (235/60-16), the other is a '97 Imprezza OBS (205/60-15). I read Grolsh's...

BAD MISS
I recently had a bad miss in my 02 Forester 2.5. I first thought maybe a fuel filter or water. I replaced fuel filter, air filter, plugs and a couple bottles of dry gas. Check engine light went out...
22
22

Winter Driving - 2004 Forester
Here's an update on Goodyear Triple Tread Tires for Winter driving. We just went through the wettest and now the snowiest November on record here on Vancouver Island. All I can say is I am glad I...
9
9

97 Outback Impreza, 44K miles
I recently got the above car. It was a spare car which had been kept in a garage and was only very lightly driven. I took it in right away for brakes which were $500. Today, I pick it up from the...
5
5

05 Forester: How to repair front floor-mat anchor?
My 05 Forester XT came with Subaru floormats. The driver's mat has one dome fastener and a plastic hook to hold it in place. Unfortunately, the plastic hook has ripped out of the main carpet. Is there...
4
4

Possible oil leaks at rear of Engine?
Hello, Can you guys give me a few ideas of what could be leaking toward the rear of the engine? 2.2L Outback with 104,000 miles. I am getting oil that drips on the Y pipe and stinks when I come to a...
3
3

02 Legacy 2.0l power problem
In the last 2 months I've noticed a marked drop off in power (top end power). Its not as noticable just driving the car alone, but with my big trailer, I used to be able to pull it happily at 60mph...
4
4

Is this a good deal on a 2007 Legacy SE?
I was offered this deal on a 2007 Legacy Special Edition: MSRP: $22,735.00 SALE PRICE: $20,977.00 REBATE: $ 750.00 TITLE FEE: $ 10.00 LICENSE FEE: $ 29.50 PROCESSING FEE : $ 99.00 ONLINE DMV FEE: $...
9
9

high beam indicator and dim low beams
The high beam indicator on my 97 Legacy Wagon stays on when the low beams are on. It is not as bright as when the high beams are on. Also the low beams don't seem very bright. Any ideas?
2
2

Outback 2003 break valve issues
Has anyone ever heard of break valve issues on this car before? I bought a 2003 Outback H6 about 6 months ago - it has around 29k miles on it and the VDC/ABS lights have been coming on intermittently...
4
4

Where is the Idle Air Controller located, 99 Outback?
I don't have manuals to check, cant find anything on the web about location of the Idle Air Controller. I'm throwing 1507 codes, and having the same symptoms everyone else fixes by cleaning it, but I...
3
3

OMG I hope I didn't get scamed for 14 k
Here the scoop. I bought a car from out of state. I told dealer that I will pick it up in 20 days. So he faxed me a Invoice stating he is selling this car to me for 23k and included the VIN number,...
6
6

91 Subie auto trany problem
New here.....here is my problem...... My '91 Subie Legacy w/ auto trany and 4 wheel drive has trany trouble. On a recent trip, it stopped shifting into auto third gear, then the hot ATF warning light...
3
3