Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Map Update
Are they serious? I just got notification that a map update is available for my 2018 Outback. That is fine, great even, but then I started looking at the fine print scattered here and there (on their...
11
11

Cost to replace zerks
The zerks (aka grease fittings) in my car (2002 Subaru Legacy L wagon) are not plugs but actual zerks with the ball bearing to allow injection of lube. Standard zerks won't fit: Subaru used some fine...
8
8

More info on 2019 models - prices and features

Bears Prefer Subarus Too
Too bad they killed the bear though. I could have made a helluva an ad campaign.
1
1

When are 2019 model due?
I wish Subaru would come out with some new subcompact SUV around the size of Hyundai Kona or Honda HR-V because the current Impreza is too tight a fit in my underground garage space.
6
6

Dealerships now taking Ascent orders
I was reading a news article earlier today on my iPhone and got a Google/Doubleclick ad for the Ascent from my local dealership. So I clicked through, and sure enough, there were options to get an...
1
1

1990s Subaru Vehicles New Prime Target For Car Thieves
Ran across this article in the ADN -- I check it daily even though I moved away 20 years ago. Seems that Anchorage has been having a real crime spree of car thefts lately.

Forester head gasket failure
It had happened to me on my '03 at 40k miles and eight years and was going again at 65k when I traded it in two years ago. Now it has happened on my daughter-in-laws '10 Forester with 78k. When my son...
9
9

Slight hesitation when lightly accelerating between 1500-2000 RPM?
There is no Check Engine Light warning about this, and it only happens in a limited range between 1500 to 2000 RPM. But unfortunately the narrow range happens to be a very commonly used range in...
2
2

Subaru CVT transmissions
I posted several weeks ago about my disappointing experience with a Ford Escape with the CVT transmission. One that biased me firmly against the CVT. Having just returned from renting a 2018 Subaru...
30
30

2014 Forester hub bearing diagnosis
Hi All, I have a 2014 Forester with ~135k miles on it. I have noticed a humming coming from somewhere at highway speeds. I just replaced a bad tire (it had thrown a belt), that I thought may be...
3
3

'09 Impreza 5-dr. RADIO PROBLEMS
Since last November, the radio will be playing and there will be a loud pop and it will stop playing. The station numbers will still show in the window, but that's it. We found, after checking fuses...
8
8

Subaru Legacy Mechanical problems(possibly blown Gasket)?
I have a 1997 Subaru Legacy which seems to be running quite rough. The way it drives is comparable to when my last car had a blown Gasket, but not nearly as bad. I had thought it was a potential blown...
3
3

Fuel-filler door latch release cable seizing up?
The fuel-door latch release cable is starting to seize up with rust, I've already broken one plastic fuel door lever, and I can feel that the new one is not going to last much longer. How do you free...
6
6

Independent repair shops
For reasons of inertia and because the price of routine maintenance has been reasonable, I've had my 2013 Outback serviced at a dealership since I got it. But now I'm starting to encounter some actual...
7
7