car engine oil extended change

Senor Osito ( snipped-for-privacy@way.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Paging Alastair... I think you might win this one, mate...

Reply to
Adrian

Lawrence Glickman (Lawrence snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That explains why they're so damned audible.

Reply to
Adrian

Or maybe they're just prosthetic and he hasn't really got any

Os

Reply to
Senor Osito

From that article:

A police constable who drove the wrong way along a dual carriageway has been found not guilty of dangerous driving by a jury at Norwich Crown Court.

Reply to
amde

They rattle when I walk. Scares the shit out of a lot of people it does. It's too bad really. I love kitty cats and doggy puppies and I'm really a nice guy. See that fly on the wall over there? I know what you're thinking...that I'm going to kill it.

Nope. I'm not gonna kill it. I wouldn't hurt a fly.

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

As soon as Astro Man finishes licking up down there, I'll let you do me next.

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

sounding

You could always sing "jingle balls" at xmas then to make them smile instead :-)

Os

Reply to
Senor Osito

You *SO* wish. You're not my type, sorry dude. I prefer people with brains..

Os

Reply to
Senor Osito

BREAKING NEWS: coming over the wires

Prince Charles implicated in Death of Princess Diana. Further details to follow.

Remember where you heard about it first! I got the jump on it.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

BREAKING NEWS: coming over the wires

Prince Charles implicated in Death of Princess Diana. Further details to follow.

Remember where you heard about it first! I got the jump on it.

Lg ==============================================================

Prince Charles was plotting to kill his former wife by staging a car accident. Fayed's father, Al Fayed, who owns Harrods department store in London, has said he suspects not only Charles, but also his father, Prince Philip.

French officials have said all traffic cameras on the road that Diana's car took, and within the tunnel, were not working the night of the crash.

But Monday's Daily Express newspaper challenged that finding, saying a woman was caught speeding by a camera in the Pont d'Alma tunnel moments before Diana's crash.

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Two things ...

  1. No one really gives a f*ck anymore
  2. It's really OLD news
    for example

Os

Reply to
Senor Osito

For all those who don't know, the Daily Express is still totally obsessed by the death of Diana and comes up with a conspiracy theory at least once every couple of months. It's also a really s**te, poor quality, sensationalist newspaper. It's a very conservative newspaper your grandmother might read...

Os

Reply to
Senor Osito

No, the oil doesn't degread. What happens is you get contaminants in the oil, and those cause engine wear. So it is a good idea to get the contaminants out of your oil. Instead of wasting money on semi-synthetic oil, get regular dino oil and change it more often. I would do it every three months to play it safe.

-------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

According to

the fuel economy of both ofthese Ford Motor Company products is: Lincoln Town Car: 18mpg city, 25mpg highway, regular gasoline Jaguar X 3.0L manual: 18mpg city, 28mpg highway, premium gasoline Jaguar X 3.0L auto: 18mpg city, 25mpg highway, premium gasoline

This means that the Jaguar X 3.0L costs more to fuel than the Lincoln Town Car, despite the latter's larger displacement engine. Perhaps you should be complaining about how a 3.0L engine costs more to fuel than a 4.6L engine.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

There was a time when you could have spared all three of them?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I was under the impression it was the same basic frame, just sized differently. Larger for the US, smaller for the rest of the world.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

I guess it depends on what you mean by "same". If they're not the same size then they're not the same in at least one important sense. On this same subject, I was reading that VW now no longer talks in terms of platforms but instead talks in terms of "modules", which are smaller pieces which are re-used extensively across different models of cars. From the way they were describing it, it sounded like they regard the idea of a platform as passé.

For what it's worth, I believe the Acura TL is based on the US Accord platform and the Acura TSX is based on the non-US Accord platform. So if you want to see a comparison of the platforms, take a look at both those cars.

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw

MOT:

Texas equivalent:

I'd kinda prefer not to do the research for the other 49 states, but I believe most states to do have a safety inspection, although some do not (notably California, which only inspects the car to find out whether it pollutes too much and couldn't care less about safety, apparently).

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw

Nope, it's called Multi-Displacement System, at least if you are talking about a Chrysler 300:

And it's something completely different than a limiter. Apparently Cadillac tried this about 25 years ago[1] and it was gigantic, miserable failure. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible now, with the fancy computer control systems we have available, to build one that actually works quite well.

- Logan

[1]
Logan Shaw

Yes, I believe the Germans are still trying to pay us Americans back for exporting David Hasselhoff. Either that or they are (*shudder*) trying to thank us.

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw