GM peak and hold injector

I saw an article that said on the peak and hold injector, both the B+ and ground are wired to the ecm? On my old pfi--saturated injectors--only the injector ground is connected to the ecm, not the B+. Why would the peak and hold injector receive B+ from the ecm, if it does? I understand there has to be a current limiting feature on the p/h injector circuit, but on this application, I thought the ground circuit controled it? thanks

Reply to
jd

Somebody told me that the quad 4 used p/h injectors. I looked at the diagram for an 88 Grand AM and I believe the only way for the ecm to limit current is on the ground circuit. The B+ does not come from the ecm. I guess the previously mentioned article was wrong or I missunderstood. thanks

Reply to
jd