2004 Matrix - door open warning

X-No-Archive:Yes

The 'door open' warning light is flashing on&off on my new(to me) Matrix. It seems to be related to the hatch - Although the hatch is closed and locked(door & window) the stupid warning light is flashing.

Any advice?

eliz

Reply to
eliz

If the car is still covered by the factory warranty, let the dealer fix it.

If it is not covered by any warranty, see if pulling out on the door without unlatching it gives any free play and makes the light come on. If it does, the rear hatch or latch may need adjustment. If the hatch is very tight, then the switch may be bad. Carefully pull the rubber boot off of the switch and give it a shot of WD-40, wipe off any overspray, and replace the boot and see if that clears up the problem.

Reply to
Ray O

Thank you Ray O ... The problem was a piece of fabric in the latch (locking mechanism) that was causing the warning light to flash.

eliz

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
eliz