Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Timing belt and chain myths dispelled
Rather than try to address all of the incorrect notions regarding the advantages of timing belts vs. timing chains, I thought I'd start fresh and leave out all of the cross-posting. Engine designers...
8
8

1992 Toyota Corolla tail light problem
I have a 1992 Toyota Corolla sedan. The left side brake light box contains two 1157 bulbs for brake and tail lights. One of them seems to work fine but I noticed this morning when my wife went forward...
3
3

Am I testing this coil correctly?
I'm trying to test this coil per the shop manual, hoping to get confirmation I'm doing the test correctly. Coil is for an '89 Toyota Cressida, 7MGE engine. The link is to a short .wmv file of attempts...
9
9

1983 Tercel SR5 - How to pass wires through firewall
Help! I've got a 1983 Tercel SR5, and I'm trying to run a pair of wires through the firewall, to operate a secondary horn (have problem with the main horn operation). I have looked around the...
5
5

Tie Rod Ends Replacement on a 99 Toyota Corolla?
Howdy all, I have a question that I figured would probably be best answered here before taking my 99 Toyota Corolla in for an inspection. A real quick background: 99 Toyota Corolla (obviously) ~...
12
12

Popping noise when backing up in Sienna.
When I back up in my 2003 Toyota Sienna, I hear a popping noise. It does not make the noise when I am not applying the brake, only when the brake is pressed. Also, you never hear the noise when...
3
3

Recommended Tires for a 1998 Toyota Corolla?
Suggestions welcome.
33
33

1982 toyota custom cab
I'm looking at buying an 82 toyota custom cab 4x4. Pretty unusual... and it doesn't have the camper shell. Anyone know where I might get one... or anything else that would work? Or any info on this...
20
20

Celica Clutch Burning Smell
I just read your post about your burning clutch smell...I just bought a 2000 Celica, and granted it has 98000 miles on it, it is making the burning smell...The outside/inside of the car is immaculate,...
2
2

help, celica stats
ive recently bought a celica st202 automatic can anyone give me some stats on this engine cheers :D
3
3

Corolla speaker removal ?
Hi, I have a 1995 Corolla, I need to replace the front speakers. How do I get to them ? can I just remove the grill that is on th door ? How do I remove the grills ? Do I have to remove the door panel...
8
8

Bad thermostat symptoms?
Two symptoms make me wonder whether my 1994 Corolla has a faulty / sticky thermostat. First, in cold weather, when I ride at highway speed as the car is warming up, it seems to take a long time before...
5
5

1989 Toyota Celica GTS A/C Heater Control Problem
I am on my second control unit in 2 years. The fan works fine, but the heat turns on and off at its own will. I forced the water valve open, but that doesn't fix it as I believe there is an air flap...
5
5

Corolla 94 differential fluid?
Hi, The only fluids I've serviced in my Corolla 94 1.6lt, automatic the brake, engine oil, the coolant and the transmission fluid. Do I need to replace the differential fluid also? How is that done?...
5
5

Instructions for replacing lamp for a Homelink button?
Hello -- The lamp illuminating button #1 on the Homelink transmitter in my '04 Sienna LE has burned out. Because of the miles my wife puts on the vehicle, it's way out of warranty. It seems kind of...
3
3

Defective dipstick 1998 Avalon
I have a somewhat bizzare problem, which is that my dipstick doesn't read accurately anymore. I seem to get a long thin trail up about half the length of the dipstick, instead of a nice solid reading...
31
31

RAV4 beeper
The RAV4 is a lovely car, but it has the kind of automatics that is sometimes unwanted and that you cannot control. For example, when you leave the key in the contact and open the door, it beeps....
8
8

92 toyota corolla brake problem
very weak pedal goes to the floor tried bleeding the system changed master cylinder proportion valve still the same any help would be great thanks :cry: can it be a vacuum problem i?m stuck trying to...
5
5

powered cigarette lighter even with the car off?
Hi there, I have a base model 2005 Toyota Matrix. I noticed that the cigarette lighter is not active unless the key is in at least in the accessories position. The problem is that I want to charge my...
13
13

2005 Camry Programming home link???
We just got a new 2005 Camry LE with the B packet here in Canada. The dealer took our Lift Master security + garage door opener and programmed it. Well it does not work. I tried Erasing the code and...
4
4