For God's Sake...STEP ON THE ACCELERATOR!!!!!!!!!!

It's a bitch, for sure. I used to think people who couldn't quit were always copping out, until I worked in an OB/GYN clinic, and saw these women who were terrified of something going wrong. They would keep the weight down, come to all their appointments, do all the testing on time, but could

*not* drop the cigarettes. It was a catch 22, since most smoke more when stressed.

I don't know *what* you're referring to, Hachi!

*polishing halo*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Tie dye tie dye can't you see that I am fried

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There must be more Priuses (Prius, Prii?) in youre locales than here... I'm rarely behind one, much less annoyed at one's driver.

OTOH, this afternoon, coming home from work, there was a Chevy doing 45 on the arterial (4 lane divided higheway).

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Do you have a death wish or something?!? ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Only when it come to women in Prius' that almost cause a truck to collide with me!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I seem to recall pointing out to you in the past that you should've taken a statistics course. Why? So you could've flunked the course, which might've convinced you to avoid making statements that involve statistics. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Rush Limbaugh calls the area I live in the Kremlin West. Lots of REALLY Left Liberal k00ks here (we're not talking your run-of-the-mill Liberal here, I *MEAN* k00ks! One woman, a professor at Amherst College, successfully got a law passed in Amherst that the American flag cannot be flown until 7 days prior to and following a holiday. The rest of the time the flag has to be taken down. Why? Why, it's a symbol of oppression, of course!!!)

Not surprising we have a large number of snail's-pace Prius (Prii...) here. They think they're saving the planet.

I see Toyota has scaled back it's advertising to show the ~48MPG the Prius actually gets. Sad part is, I had a $12,000 Tercel that got 45.

And that was COMBINED driving!

Highway Lunacy is not the sole propriety of Hybrid drivers...

Reply to
Hachiroku

"Hachiroku ????" , Cathy F. wrote: ...

And if it had been a guy driving, would that have mattered?

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Here's the art is dominated by:

- Large 4 door sedans (hello grandma/grandpa)

- Volkswagens, any model (hello 23 year old chick doing her hair and talking on phone)

- Full size conversion vans. Granted these are often used by handicapped people because their big side doors allow for lift installation. But if I don't see a handicapped sticker, what I usually see is a woman driver who appears to weigh more than my truck. This suggests that a theory of mine is correct: When your ass is as big as my washing machine and dryer side by side, you're accustomed to taking up too much space when you're not in your car, and you do the same when you're driving.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But a Tercel was not exactly comfortable, & certainly not for anything over an hour or so. And it was tiny. (I didn't buy one in '84 when I first looked at Toyotas - & was expecting to get a Tercel - because it was too small; too tight a fit in the driving position, re: the steering wheel. So upped to a Corolla instead.) A Tercel was a reliable, economical basic car, but... definitely had its shortfalls. OTOH, a Prius is comfy & roomy. And has considerably more oomph. Apples & oranges.

Exactly.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I had an 82 Tercel. I'm 6'2" and devastatingly handsome. I found the car very comfortable for long drives. Are you taller, or did you maybe have a love affair with donuts back in those days?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL!

I found the car

The ride was not exactly super-smooth. To say the least, IMO. Okay for errands around town (as a passenger), but I wouldn't have wanted to go on long drives in it.

Are you taller, or did you maybe have a

Maybe proportions... I have long legs. I drive with the seat as far back as it will go. Yeah, I had love affairs with doughnuts back then, but was still thin. (High metabolism.) I was all set to get a Tercel, but... really, it was just too small for me. And considering how much I loved that '84 liftback Corolla, was a blessing in disguise, I guess.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Well, I got a D+. Is that flunking? (Statistics and I just DON'T get along!)

And I don't need stats to verify what my eyes are telling me!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You have to understand where I live. people here are equally concered with the environment and saving money on gas.

This woman had PLENTY of time to get up to the 55MPH speed limit. All she had to do was press the accelerator. Instead, she acted like a ditz and pulled over and put her flashers on, causing an actual problem for the rest of us on the road than she would have if she had just driven the damn car.

And this was not an isolated incident. The other day on my way back to Amherst from Mt Holyoke College I was doing maybe a little over the limit (55 in a 50) when I came to the "Notch" and a Civic Hybrid driver doing about 25 MPH under the speed limit.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Aren't they running on battery at 55 mph, assuming they're not jumping on the pedal for some quick acceleration?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, but you're saying that a sample of one is valid. Your stats teacher would've pissed on your notebook for saying such a thing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Mine was a '95 and was a very comfortable, very easy car to drive. I'm almost 6 ft with broad shoulders and had no trouble getting in and out of the car, and plenty of leg room. It was one of the best cars I have ever owned. The only reason I sold it was the girl wanted to sell the Supra RIGHT NOW! and I put the Tercel and the LHS for sale on the lot I was working at at the same time. Needless to say the Tercel attracted all the attention, and the girl that bought it was a friend of mine's girlfriend (he is one of the BEST bass players I have ever had the pleasure to know) so I sold it for what I paid for it to get the money to buy the Supra.

If it hadn't been for that, I never would have sold it. I still miss that car.

Except when I'm driving the Supra...

Reply to
Hachiroku

So... your previous statement gets qualified. A lot.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Maybe they got more comfy as the years rolled by... the one I rode in (an... '82 maybe??) on various occasions was not comfy.

Cathy

very easy car to drive. I'm

Reply to
Cathy F.

That's got a lot to do with the tires they put on it. Funny thing was, the '83 came with 175/70-13's as the standard tire, while the '95 had

155/80-13's as stock. A high sidewalled, skinny tire doesn't make for confidence in corners.

I replaced the original skins with 185/60-13's and the car handled as well as my Hachiroku, but didn't have the engine to back it up. I ran out of engine long before the tires reached their capabilities.

Reply to
Hachiroku