For God's Sake...STEP ON THE ACCELERATOR!!!!!!!!!!

DING! Give the man a cigar!

How 'bout a 23 YO VW driver DANCING with no hands on the wheel coming to a jam at the busiest intersection in town?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Really, doubling over the desk laughing....

Reply to
Hachiroku

This applies a LOT more to the area I live in now.

These people think Haight-Ashbury is still the Happeneing Place, and try to keep it alive here.

It is a real sight to behold, and definitely an irritant to a Conservative like Yours Truly.

Luckily, I escaped and grew a brain. I think it has something to do with why I'm not a true Righty and am a little more soft-hearted sometimes (of course, there are those who would say Soft-Brained...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Is he Right-Leaning because of that third leg?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHA!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think one of the VW commercials contained something like that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

*curtsy*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Hachiroku ????"

Why? He's flattered, and I'm lucky...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

ONE! This is an everyday occurance! Granted, that one that pulled over was unusual. Usually they just get a line of 25-50 cars behind them as they plod along under the posted speed limit. But this one particular idiot made sure the truck had to cross the double solid line, or slam on the brakes to avoid sending her tailights into her backside...

I cringe if I see a Prius is about to get in front of me! They have a habit of going at least 5-10 MPH under the speed limit, and ramp the car S-L-O-W-L-Y up to the speed they do drive at.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't think anyone has ever been able to find out! ;)

It depends on the state of the battery, what accessories are on, and the amount of tin-foil in the driver's hat. My experieince is that the gas motor is on most of the time.

But then again, I don't have a license out of a Cracker Jack box...

(Note...I *DID* soft-pedal the car to try to get it to stay on the electric motor as long as possible. Unless I was in traffic. Even under ideal circumstances, the gas motor would kick in fairly rapidly after getting off the line, no matter how slow I was going or how soft I was on the pedal...)

The US model is set up to run on the gas motor more than the electric motor.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Mine was also a two-door. I hate 4-doors, since my shoulders are so big.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmmm...advertising based in fact...

My favorite was a BMW commercial. I always say, the more expensive the car, the less capable the driver. I don't get it. They have the ability to make the money to buy the car, and then drive it like a putz.

Years ago there was a BMW ad. The first segment was a man looking for an address in a city, on a dark rainy night, and almost runs over a man in a manhole because he just wasn't paying attention.

The second segment was a woman coming up an on-ramp to a 4 lane highway, with two trucks at the speed limit bearing down on the ramp. So, she steps on it to get in front of the trucks. Kind of like what happened here:

was cut off by someone trying to get up the ramp in front of him. Hedied from his burns...) The third segment is someone following a truck loaded with junk *WAY* too closely. An axle falls off the truck, and the BMW driver veers to the LEFT to avoid it and almost head-ons a Winnebago.

I sent a letter to Car and Driver about this and how BMW drivers typically drive like this, with no regard for road conditions, the right of way of others, or safety. For some reason, the ad disappeared very shortly after the letter was published...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't remember how many doors. I think the one I test drove in '84 was a

4-door because my Duster was a 2-door & I vowed to not get another one. Doors were huge & heavy, & access to the back seat was a PITA. I don't remember having a problem getting in & out of the Tercel, just fitting in there re: the steering wheel.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Wasn't the first time...I especially like the Pull Out And Die. You know, peg the throttle to get into traffic and then slow to a crawl? That's my favorite. Especially when there's Speed Racer behind me and he's not paying attention and almost jacks into my trunk. Happens more often than I like....

(Note: of course, not all women drivers are poor examples...

only the ones I have to share the road with...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah. They're almost as bad behind the wheel of a Prius.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Come ride with me.

I find that to be mainly true of MB drivers.

Reply to
witfal

Not sole. Just, oh, 75 percent or so.

Reply to
witfal

I knew it!!!

Reply to
witfal

Not to me. Actually, it's been my experience that men are worse than women when drive Priusessesssesses.

Reply to
witfal

Well, except for Hannity, Savage, and Ann Coulter, everyone is to the left of Limbaugh; therefore, his "Kremlin West" comment is just so much hot air, of which he has plenty.

But if you want to listen to a hypocritical, lying drug addict, that's your prerogative.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Nor are all Prius drivers Highway Lunatics......

....although, from what I've seen of driving habits in the USA on recent visits, the profligate use of gas combined with what it costs there (three bucks a gallon - and you never stop moaning about it!) contrasts remarkably with the UK (where - lest we forget - we currently pay ten bucks a gallon). Over here we are starting to think seriously about whether or not to take the car out at all - and use the money saved to pay off the mortgage early instead. Only hybrid drivers can afford to do both ;-))

Chas

Reply to
Chas Gill