For God's Sake...STEP ON THE ACCELERATOR!!!!!!!!!!

So did we - but only after each of us was baptized. But we left the original diaper loosely covering Craig's bits, then quickly switched to the other, while holding the wet diaper or our hand over "Young Faithful"

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

but then the backup line is twice as long as it needs to be, and then the closing lane is completely open which allows for...

If people simply stay in the lane they're in until they get to the merge point, this can't happen.

DAGS for "reissverschluss" AKA "zipper merge." Highway authorities here in the US are starting to encourage it here as well, by posting signs to the effect of "use both lanes to merge point" and then "merge here, take your turn."

The basic idea is that people in the through lane leave enough space between themselves and the car in front of them to allow one and exactly one vehicle to merge in; drivers in the closing lane arrange themselves similarly so that they're positioned next to the open space, and then at the point where the lane actually starts to close off they merge together like a zipper. It actually works really well when drivers are clueful as to what's going on.

nate

Reply to
N8N

the beach...?

Reply to
Hachiroku

hmmm....this took a second...never hear it before.

DAGS. I like it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think I see what you mean. The cars line up like the teeth on a zipper and then come together. Interesting.

However, while this may work where people actually know how to *DRIVE*, and not trying to beat the clock (and everyone else on the road) this will never work in the US, because people here just aren't taught to drive correctly.

One of my favorite sayings (to myself) while watching people flub in traffic is, "Lat's not practice precision driving...you ain't got the head for it." And it's usually what causes stuff like

Hachiroku

  • Read Al Franken's book: "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot".

$12.00 at Amazon.

earle

*
Reply to
Earle Jones

  • Then you should eighty-six hachiroku.

earle

*
Reply to
Earle Jones

He claims he doesn't listen to Hush Bimbo, but he's lying. It's obvious.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

  • Craig Carter put it this way:

"Other than telling us how to live, think, marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our children and, now, die, I think the Republicans have done a fine job of getting government out of our personal lives."

--Craig Carter

earle

*
Reply to
Earle Jones

WHY would anyone do that? Al Franken is an idiot.

And I read the book...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't need to. I maybe listen to him one to three days a week.

I think for myself every day of the week.

Reply to
Hachiroku

ooooooooooooh!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sorry. Can't see where Democrats are any better.

Reply to
Hachiroku