Luxeon map light?

Does anyone make a wired and dash mounted map light for the car with several luxeon LED's in it? Something that puts out some really significant lumens, for example 200 lumens?

Reply to
Mama Bear

A lumen is equal to 1 foot-foot candle falling over a 1 square foot area. FYI, a typical office is 50 to 100 foot candles, so I would think that the glare from 200 lumens would make your night vision so bad that it would take

20 minutes to be able to see in the dark again. I would imagine that 25 to 50 lumens would be more than enough to read by.

Here is a commercial quality hard wired map light:

jcwhitney.com also has map lights

Here are some aircraft cockpit lights:

Ray O

LED with luxeons?

Could someone please address my original question, without tangents?

Reply to
Big Mama Bear

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I think it was Big Mama Bear who stated:

You get ONE answer and already with the whining?

I think that puts the kibosh on anything useful anyone else might have wanted to share -- NOBODY likes a whiner!

Reply to
Don Fearn

I really wouldn't get hung up on the Luxeon name. Luxeon is just one brand of high-power LED (out of three or four) that has happens to have good marketing to the end user.

Reply to
Simon Waldman