OT - bee disappearance in news again

If I happened to miss one of your important postings it was most likely because I was busy.

Reply to
dbu.,

Who the hell was talking about the cell phone theory? You said it was caused by mites, which if you did any research, they have ruled that out, that's why it's a MYSTERY. Nobody knows. Get it? Talk about someone who make a fool out of themselves so often.

Reply to
ToMh

It's a pretty widely known fact in the beekeeping circles. Obviously you are not a beekeeper or know anything about bees.

Reply to
dbu.,

Has anyone decided for sure there IS a problem or is this just another branch-off of Gores global warming flick.

Reply to
dbu.,

Ever hear of scientists who're considering every theory they can think of, to try & figure out just what is going on?

Cathy

There are over 500 bees species in the US alone.

Reply to
Cathy F.

Good to hear you're keeping above the grass.

Reply to
tak

It is only a 'mystery' in your small world, apparently. There are plenty of sources that tell us it has nothing to do with cell phones. You better add another layer to your aluminum foil hat, if you are worried about micro waves LOL

Why did you sign you post with such a vulgar, self deprecating, alias? LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yes, but why do the most stupid theories get the longest legs?

Reply to
dbu.,

People who know these things are saying that although mites have been a known issue for years, there seems to be more going on. Don't you read?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Prove that the theory is stupid.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What mystery? You guys with the aluminum foil hats are talking about cell phones, not me. I never said it was cell phones or hive mites, I mealy asked if you ever heard of hive mites.

The reason I asked was because apparently once again several of you have not researched the subject on which you have chosen to comment. If you ever do a search you will find, according to articles in the Tribune Newspapers like the Chicago Tribune, L A Times and the Miami Sun, the bee keepers in their areas of US are saying it is hive mites, nothing else. They lose hives to hive mites every spring, but this year there seems to be somewhat greater number that lost, but they don't know why.

Once again you chose to make yourself look foolish ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Boooooooooo-hooooooo, maybe a ghost is invading the hives.

Reply to
dbu.,

Prove that it isn't.

Reply to
dbu.,

I never claimed it was valid or stupid. I simply acknowledged the existence of the theory. If you'd like, I can prove the theory exists.

***YOU*** called it a stupid theory. It's up to YOU to explain why you believe it's stupid.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The lefty kooks are looking for something they can blame on President Bush, I guess They have already indicated they think it is caused by Republicans. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hive mites are a well known cause of bee stress.

Reply to
dbu.,

Mike Hunter wrote to JoeSpareBedroom:

How would a second layer help when the first layer already blocks them completely?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

The existence of one cause does not in any way relate to the validity of another possible cause. One event may have multiple causes.

Now, explain why the RF theory is stupid.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Take you're own advice and do some research. Nobody is saying it's mites. Mites leave bodies, there are no bodies. It wouldn't be a mystery if it was mites.

ToMh

The head of some beekeeper's organization in AZ said they didn't know what was causing the decrease in the number of bees here and in California, but he mentioned that the rental cost rose from $10 per hive to $136.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly