(OT:) HEY! Let's have two legal systems!!

LOL!

I was thinking more of Nucular, myself, but point taken...

Reply to
Hachiroku

See Johnny Hageyama's response, and mine to him! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

It was, and they did. But that all has changed in the last 30 years. English is now the language of business/diplomacy.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think I like this guy!! Are you new here, or a lurker? I don't think I've seen your posts before...or at least for a while...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That wasn't my wife. Throttle was GO!!!!!! and brake was STOP!!!!!!!!!!

I never made it from traffic light to traffic light so fast in my life...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nobody had to tell Hatch that. Hatch already knew it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Guess where you live the illegals are well behaved. Here they're responsible for most of the murders and violent crime...

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, man! It's good steamed with butter and salt,or salt and vinegar!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Whoa. JoeSpareHeadroom could take a lesson or two from you!

Of course, you are absolutely right. i know lots of people who were in the US miltary and never became citizens.

But, your uncle had to be a resident, and I'm assuming he spoke English...

Reply to
Hachiroku

See my response. No stroke today...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not here. But, you are the reigning queen of generalizations, so I guess your exceptions are the rule everywhere. Even places you know nothing about.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Stuffed, with brown rice and ground sirloin. Lots of vinegar and lemon.

Reply to
witfal

That's exactly what I said.

That's odd. I meet lots of young Hispanic people here, and many of them tell me they're the first generation in their family that learned little or no Spanish. In places like NYC, where the Spanish identity was never under attack from morons who are afraid of other languages, the Spanish tends to hang on longer in families.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Let's see. Did I ever say I was *afraid* of other languages? Not that I can recall.

Do I think anyone who wants to live in America and/or become an American should speak English? Yeah, that's a different story, isn't it?

Why should *I* learn Spanish to communicate in my home country?

Again, subtlety escapse you...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Guess I don't really care. I know around here they cause most of the problams, that's good enough for me.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ja, dot too...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You didn't have to say it. I just know these things. There's a very short list of reasons why some boys begin frothing at the mouth when this language subject comes up. None of the reasons are good ones.

Give me two examples of situations where YOU have to learn Spanish to live in your home country. Be sure the examples are real, and not far-fetched.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, according to JSB, it was because since Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japanese, then all Japanese were out to attack America.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Of course, all the German Americans were stellar citizens and were much less a threat to America. I mean, how can anyone from Germany be evil?

Reply to
Jeff

Customer Service, some Help Desk jobs, computer support in some places, yada, yada, yada...

Most jobs in this area are listed Bi-Lingual or "Bi-Lingual a plus".

Hey, I speak French.

Reply to
Hachiroku