(OT:) HEY! Let's have two legal systems!!

Hell. I DO French.

Reply to
sharx35

Oh well. You weren't qualified. I'd like to move to Springfield and work for one of the gun manufacturers, but I'm not a machinist.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

German accent for German, English (my mother) or American (my father) accent for English.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Not as wierd as my Japanese cousins who can speak Hebrew but aren't Jewish or Israeli.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Why did they learn Hebrew?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

He spoke English but never became a resident of the US.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

If you're ever in Puerto Rico, try a Chinese restaurant if you run across one. Caribbean vegetables made by Chinese people speaking Spanish. ¿Que?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It doesn't work that way, Joe.

Reply to
witfal

lurk...lurk...lurk...peep...lurk...lurk..

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

I'm a liberal, I speak only English (no aptitude for foreign languages), and I think everybody in America who can learn the language should speak it in preference to other languages, but...

You shouldn't when it comes to dealing with government employees, but private individuals are another matter.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

I had a rough day. I'm really tired and I have to be up at 2AM. Remind me to tell you how you can learn any language you want.

Or at least, be understood speaking the few words of another language that you might know!

Reply to
Hachiroku

S&W has planty of jobs.

When I was working for GE I got recruited to go to work for Colt, but turned it down, 'cause I figured working for GE would be a lifelong thing.

Go figure...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I did Chinese...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Uh-huh...thought so...

Reply to
Hachiroku

OK...I misspoke. He did have a Green Card, right?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Smith and Colt, along with Ruger, can kiss my gun-purchasing ass.

I'll never buy another due to their past attitudes toward civilian gun ownership and the politicians with which they slept.

Reply to
witfal

That view has already been trashed as being stupid in rec.guns. It's history.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Because they were exposed to it so much in Hebrew school. ;)

During WWII, one of my aunts was in an acting company sent to China to perform shows for the Japanese army. While ther, she met many German Jewish refugees because the army didn't restrict those refugees, probably because they identified them much more as Germans (and therefore sympathetic toward Japan) than as Jews. Plus Judiasm wasn't a concept the Japanese understood before modern Israel was created (even now, many Japanese think all Jews are Israelis), although it seems they didn't view it negatively. Anyway, my aunt became friends with several of the refugees, especially a family who eventually reached Canada, and she maintained contact with them and decided it would be good for her children to be educated in the US, which was where she thought Toronto was located. Eventually, other family members sent their children to the same schools.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Facts become diluted over time. You know that.

They're free for the taking by using the search engine of your choice. S&W, after being taken over by a Brit company, did their best to turn their back on the civilian owner. Colt caved. Have a look at their web site. See what limited choices they give us.

Bill Ruger slept with Clinton to have the mini-14 exempt from the so-called "assault weapon" ban.

Reply to
witfal

Interesting! And, it's always handy to have an extra language around the house, to befuddle the kids.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom