(OT:) HEY! Let's have two legal systems!!

I'm guessing neither company has a budget like Microsoft, for fighting endless legal battles.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Colt's sales, as well as S&W's, are far below that of the '80s. S&W nearly went bankrupt, and Ruger is being kept afloat on old designs.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

The result of legal battles really was pre-determined. Success was as likely as would be the case for someone to sue Ford or Toyota for what happens when people drive drunk.

Reply to
witfal

In the past 50 years, was Colt's product line ever dominated by items which were known (via sales figures) to be popular with individual shooters?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You're kidding me, right?

The 1911 - still a staple among handgunners - Colt lost out on dominance to custom makers as well as losses from political pressure. The series 80 was a big mistake. The 70 was a near-perfect semi-auto.

The Pocketlite .380 - a fine miniature 1911, with flawless function right out of the box. Manufacturing was stopped due to, again, caving to pressure from hoplophobes due to its size. Too easily concealed. The only gun that I used to own that I wish I'd never sold.

The SAA - the gun that won the west - try getting one of these without a second mortgage, so to speak.

The Python .357 magnum - probably the best quality .357 ever built.

They also caved on the AR-15. Not enough fighting back like Ruger.

Reply to
witfal

Hmmmm....perhaps Colt, but S&W has lots of displays around here at county fairs, open houses, etc...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Now, perhaps. But check on their history during British ownership.

Don't get me wrong, I think their revolvers are top-notch. Their autos leave something to be desired in the way of disassembly, however.

I have no need of a revolver at present. If I ever change my mind, I'd at least look into a Smith after checking their current politics.

Reply to
witfal

You really want to buy my model 25-2. Yes, you do. Just like this one:

But, mine's got a 4" barrel. Came with a spare 6" barrel that was never installed. I installed Hogue grips which look like the ones in that picture. Includes Bianchi Cyclone holster. $800.00.

Even with hot loads, the kick is more of a dull whump than a hard snap like my .40 cal Kahr. Very easy to shoot.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nope. Only two Smiths warrant my attention. Three if I allow emotion to get the better of logic.

  1. Model 19 .357 4"

  1. Model 586 .357 4"- I used to own one. Deadly accurate.

  2. Model 29 .44 mag 6" - If I get that emotion thing going. I also owned one of these. Deadly accurate with my handloads, but with brutal recoil.
Reply to
witfal

*YOU* have a Nug?!?!?!
Reply to
Hachiroku

Wait...let me make some popcorn for this show. I'll be right back.

OK. I'm ready. Let the comedy begin.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Did I call it a nug again?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Why are you so surprised that I own guns?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Cause most Liberals don't They abhor guns and violence.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm not a liberal. What makes you think I'm a liberal?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The only thing I've seen that makes you not a Liberal is your stance on the Death sentance.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You just told me what DOESN'T make you think I'm a liberal. I asked you what DOES make you think I'm a liberal.

I'll go make more popcorn, so it's ready when you post your response.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The Catholic Church is against the death sentence, too. The church is not usually considered a liberal organization.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff