{OT} polls

So I receive these poll questionnaires from Polling Point and Zogby International occassionally. They are mostly political in nature and the two I filled out today were remarkably similar.

As usual they start out with some demographic questions then get into your political leanings. These two asked questions about the national political candidates and provided matchups for you to choose.

The interesting part was when they asked whether I shop at Walmart, am a fan of NASCAR, own guns, am a born-again/evangelical Christian and all other stereotypical views of Southerners.

So what's up with that?

Reply to
badgolferman

You're serious about that last question?

Okay. Let's assume you are. The quick answer is that idiots on the left will immediately discount, belittle, condemn, or ridicule the individual for belonging to any of those groups.

Open-minded and tolerant people that they are.

Reply to
witfal

Aren't polls supposed to be fact gathering instruments? Certainly you aren't suggesting the pollsters already have the outcome in mind and are merely trying to prove their point?

Reply to
badgolferman

Never.

Reply to
witfal

Polls are manipulative tools in these early stages. I only really start paying attention to polls the two weeks prior to the election. That is when most people on the fence sort of kind of make up their minds.

Reply to
dbu

I never get asked any questions by any pollsters.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr

Possible that they don't value your opinion. : - )

I don't have time to take b.s. polls on the net. Or on the phone. Sometimes a poll calls (usually during the dinner hour) and I ask "How long will this take?" and the answer is usually "About 20 minutes" So that's my cue to answer "Sorry, but I have a life."

Reply to
mack

Do what I do. "Can you hold on for just a minute. I'll be right with you." Put the phone down, and continue your dinner.

At the very least, you'll get your point across.

Reply to
witfal

"witfal" "mack" >>

We're on the Do Not Call list. We never get telemarketing/poll calls. We have all our cell numbers on it too.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Don't be surprised if that occasionally gets ignored. It happens.

Reply to
witfal

In addition, the Do Not Call List doesn't cover some activities, such as political activities and fund raising by non-profits. Plus, companies with which you have dealt with in the last several months (I think 18 months) are allowed to call you as well.

Just say, "I am not am intersted. Please put me on your do no call list." It might take a month or so for you get on the company's list, but after that, they're not supposed to call you again (the company's list is seperate from the national do not call list).

Jeff

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hasn't happened to us in many years.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It probably helps that we have an unlisted number. When the kids were little, we used to put them on the phone with telemarketers.

:-D

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Watch out. Murphy has a law for scoffers.

Reply to
witfal

Stereotypes didn't originate from nothing, and some of them can predict a person's politics 80% of the time, except maybe for libertarians.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I do not disagree with you regarding stereotypes. They evolve over time for a reason and often have a large grain of truth to them but try explaining that to some of the liberals in this group.

Reply to
badgolferman

The problem with liberals is that they believe humanity will learn and improve over time.

I'm guessing that 85% of the people who buy groceries at Whole Foods and drive Priuses are voting for Obama.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Try explaining ANYthing to some of the LIEbrawls in this group. Their skulls are so thick, their minds so closed, their naïveté so unsurpassed, their knowledge of how the world REALLY works so scanty.....

Reply to
sharx35