{OT} reaching out

Amazing. We agree on something, except the timing and the method. We could've owned their oil fields in a matter of days, maybe hours.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Unfortunately, the current political tenor would make it difficult to take advantage of an upheaval over there, even if the oil was offered on a silver platter.

Reply to
sharx35

Too bad. In the months after 9/11, the tenor would've been absolutely perfect. The idiot missed it, and in the next few years, we will find out why.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, I see no point in call GWB an idiot--I believe that his IQ was measured at between 130 and 135--not a genius but way up on the bell curve, nonetheless. I don't think that any of his actions were due to lack of intelligence--maybe lack of "wisdom" in knowing WHO to believe, WHEN to believe it...etc etc... I still prefer him to a Gore or Kerry.

Reply to
sharx35

I am quite sure we will find that he was told what to do, and purely for business reasons. Watch where future pipelines originate, and where they need to pass through to get somewhere useful. Since all other reasons for the war turned out to be bogus, the only reason left is business.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The one BIG mistake Bush made was not to fire the entire clinton holdovers. That was and is a glowing error that has haunted him his entire two terms.

Reply to
dbu.

Which holdovers specifically?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What did I just say?

Reply to
dbu.

You made a general statement. I want individual people's names, so I can confirm whether they led him to invade the wrong country.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You are a pathological dope if you think I'm going to sit here and tick off names for you.

Find a life or better yet a wife.

Reply to
dbu.

You don't even have ONE name, do you? You're just regurgitating something you heard on the radio, in an effort to pretend you have something meaningful to say.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There's a name. I'll give you one guess.

There are more, but I don't have the time nor the inclination to sit here and type them out for your pleasure.

Reply to
dbu.

I'm not interested in guessing games. You have no names. And, you've already wasted more time than it would've taken you to type a few names.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm not interested in wasting my time on you either.

Reply to
dbu.

I'll stay with this as long as you like, but you have no specific names. We both know that. You have names because you don't read.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You don't read either, because if you did you would know my position.

Reply to
dbu.

Business reasons can be very valid reasons. If there isn't a business case for doing something, often that is enough to stop it.

Reply to
sharx35

That's fine, but you don't use other people's kids to clear territory for your business ventures. That's called murder, according to me, the only meaningful judge of these things.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bingo! But *some* do. And it appears they are going to get away with it. And its quite clear they don't give a *shit* about what *happens* to these "kids." Killed or crippled, out of sight, out of mind, out of money.

Reply to
F.H.

You LIEbrawls all to often do the reductio absurdeum (sic) thing. Things are just NOT that simple over there.

Reply to
sharx35