{OT} reaching out

You lefties ought to like this guy now. He seems to be reaching out to your side.

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Mike Huckabee, who has joked about his lack of foreign policy experience, is criticizing the Bush administration's efforts, denouncing a go-it-alone "arrogant bunker mentality" and questioning decisions on Iraq.

Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor now running for the Republican presidential nomination, lays out a policy plan that is long on optimism but short on details in the January-February issue of the journal Foreign Affairs, which is published by the Council on Foreign Relations. A copy of his article was released Friday.

"American foreign policy needs to change its tone and attitude, open up, and reach out," Huckabee said. "The Bush administration's arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. My administration will recognize that the United States' main fight today does not pit us against the world but pits the world against the terrorists."

badgolferman

Unfortunately, he has failed to obey the law and report many of the gifts he's solicited over the years, in return for political favors.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, but what makes him stand out from the crowd?

Reply to
witfal

We won't know until he's elected. I'm guessing his belief in mythology will be the problem, but we already know that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm not a Huck fan, but name a few of the gifts and favors.

Reply to
dbu.

Don't you read? Of course not. All the broadcast news sources have also covered this issue. You must live in a cave.

JoeSpareBedroom

Why would the dems whose candidates have been saying the same thing for years be drawn to an overtly religious candidate just because he *says* he believes the Bush administration has a "bunker mentality" on foreign policy.

To dems and any blue collar citizen who's paying attention, the Bush administration has a "bunker mentality" on *everything*, especially their fiscal *ideology* which is eroding the middle class.

Since Huckabee has added veteran Ed Rollins as his new national campaign chairman and senior advisor, my guess is that he's aiming at religious republicans who are turned off (rightfully so) by the Iraq "Fiasco" but who can't relate to any of the other candidates. McCain is a hawk. Giuliani's sordid reputation doesn't fly with them. Romney's flip flopping and religion scare them.

Huckabee may not flaunt his religion but I'm guessing that those Christian voters that the Bushies so successfully pandered to in the past are quite aware of it and among republican strategists there is a legitimate fear that these voters, if they can't find a credible candidate will simply not bother to vote.

Reply to
F.H.

I don't live in a cave and I don't sit in front of a TV all day.

Big deal.....Nothing compared to clinton. He accepted free sex in the cloak room of the WH while on duty with a subordinate. He's lucky to be a free man and not serving sentence in prison. Come up with something better joe.

"_The truth squad says the only finding by the Arkansas Ethics Commission that Huckabee accepted a gift improperly was tossed out by a state court. In fact, the panel investigated 16 complaints against Huckabee and found five violations. Only one, for accepting a $500 canoe from Coca-Cola, was tossed out.

Two of the complaints against Huckabee pertain to unreported gifts - the canoe and a $200 stadium blanket received by his wife, Janet. Two stem from cash the governor or his wife received but did not initially report. The panel also ruled in 2003 that Huckabee's campaign violated state law when it used its funds to pay for an event during the summer of 2002 called Gospel Fest

During his tenure, Huckabee accepted 314 gifts valued overall at more than $150,000, according to documents filed with the Arkansas secretary of state's office. (He accepted 187 gifts in his first three years as governor but was not required to report their value.)"

Reply to
dbu.

Apparently, you're exposed to nothing at all. News of Huckabee's gift problem has been widely available for at least the past month. It's even been mentioned by news sources you claim to like.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You watch far more TV than I do.

Reply to
dbu.

Actually, about an hour a week, if that much. You are now desperately trying to obfuscate the issue surrounding your being so ill-informed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Lefties" like Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul.

Reply to
MaceFace

> tf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official> >

At least he was on duty, unlike the lazy slimeball currently in the White House; you know, the one who let 3,000 Americans die on 9/11 because he ignored the clear warnings.

Reply to
beerspill

> > tf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official>> >

The current "slimeball", as you call him, is the TWICE-elected president of the most powerful nation on Earth. YOU, on the other hand, are just a has-been, no-count, waste of skin wanker, good for absolutely nothing except fertilizer or Soylent Green. The sooner the better, *I* say.

Reply to
sharx35

>> > tf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official>>> >

He got elected twice because he made enough people feel comfortable in the idea of not having to think much about what he was doing. Being lousy citizens, in other words.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, right. Enough people were tired of nonresponsive presidents, e.g. Klintoon.

Reply to
sharx35

Bush invaded the wrong country. Talk about nonresponsive....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Details, details......picky, picky, picky.

Reply to
sharx35

Yeah. Details. Why go after the government which provides direct financial support to schools which train terrorists? That would be pointless.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Surely, you aren't talking about your buds, the Saudis? Frankly, for me, the day won't come soon enough when the Saudi royal family all face the gallows and democracry, TRUE representative democracy, comes to Saudi Arabia.

Reply to
sharx35