OT: The House Negro!

Exactly what the EXTREME left does when a black person does not side with them... they call the black person a peeping Tom or the "house negro," as Harry Belefonte likes to do.

Thomas nailed it on the head. The Southern Racist and Northern Liberal are much the same when it comes to idealouge...

"These people who claim to be progressive . have been far more vicious to me than any southerner," Thomas says, "and it is purely ideological."

Thomas talks about the virulent racism he encountered growing up in the segregated South, when blacks were considered second-class citizens and kept separate from whites by law, and he equates those attitudes with the stereotypes he believes people hold today.

"People get bent out of shape about the fact that when I was a kid, you could not drink out of certain water fountains. Well, the water was the same. My grandfather always said that, 'The water's exactly the same.' But those same people are extremely comfortable saying I can't drink from this fountain of knowledge," Thomas says. "They certainly don't see themselves as being like the bigots in the South. Well, I've lived both experiences. And I really don't see that they're any different from them."

Reply to
Go Mavs

"Go Mavs" wrote in news:pg_Li.951$P06.23@trnddc05:

"Uncle Tom", not "peeping Tom".

The term comes from a an anti-slavery tract called Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Reply to
Tegger

What he says is true. I have observed the same thing from living in the Northeast and Southeast sections of America. The racism in the North by the elitist liberals is much more sinister. In the South black people are much more integrated in the society and neighborhoods.

Reply to
badgolferman

apologies, but glad you knew what I meant..

Reply to
Go Mavs