(OT) What do you think?

Because the USSR lost big in there?

Because it was a losing proposition to begin with.

Because Bush was an idiot?

Reply to
dr_jeff

Evidently, unlike your one color sky, the sky color in the real world changes daily, sometimes multiple times per day. LOL

Econo-car

Reply to
Econo-cars

Echo, Echo

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

I was really hoping to a get a laugh out of the answers Mike was going to come up with. You're just too logical LOL.

...and because the Military isn't looking all that hard. I guess the goverment sees more advantage in keeping Americans fighting internally over the terrorists attack, rather than finding the real culprit overseas.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

What did the Americans and Canadians do to hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans of Japanese heritage and Canadians of Japanese heritage? I do believe that not one of them has received an apology, nor given back any of the belongings including real estate that was stolen by us from them unjustly. There were even Americans and Canadians of Japanese heritage the fought wars for the USA and Canada, didn't matter they were thrown in confinement camps too. Shame on us then, and now for not having the balls to do the right thing. Plenty of Americans and Canadians got rich off of those properties and belongings, it should all be taken away for the pigs who committed such horrors on innocent Americans and Canadians. Even with all we did to them many have gone on to make great contributions in both countries. Amazing level of forgiveness that we could all learn from in my opinion, and definitely a people I will respect.

The Japanese may 'have been' brutal, but that was many years ago, but so we were. Nobody has rebuilt a better nation of people than the Japanese. I'd do big business with a true Japanese business person, long before I'd want to deal with many of the scam artists in North America. When you make a deal in Japan it is a deal. Here deals change as the time progresses.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Conscience" wrote

Yeah right, another American claim of weapons of mass destruction that were never found anywhere but in American possession. Some things just never change in America, no matter what government is in power.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

I've encounter many vets who talked about the horrors they witness like they were in the heart of action, only to be told by another vets who were in the line of fire that his role was far from the action. Let's face it, there are people who will grab the heroes spotlight, deserved or not. That is true though that they didn't know when they were drafted if they would be sent into danger or not.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

I'm delighted that my opposing views have brought you closer in understanding to dr_jeff. My words may have been discounted, but my time certainly hasn't been wasted.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

put yourself in 1941 and how would you have thought then, its easy to Monday morning quarterback. How many of those japs did we shoot and stab and whatever because they couldn't keep up on the march to the camps, how many died because of lack of medical care, how many were forced to work in labor camps. Ever had any dealings with jap business men, they hate your guts, they wont look at you or talk to you, only thru an interpreter. have and i knew they spoke and understand because they would give the answer to the interpreter before he translated it. I have talked to others that felt the same way with dealing with them. The head of Toyota wouldnt answer the congressmen during Toyota runaway car hearing and he did speak and understand English

Reply to
Tom

It's not hard to understand why the Japanese feel this way. It's hard to blame them. I know Jews who feel the same way about Germans. And about Germans who feel the same way about Americans (I don't know any personally).

As far as I know, we didn't force Japanese to work in US labor camps. We did, however, lock up US citizens who were of Japanese ancestry. I wish they did the same for US citizens of German ancestry (My uncle, a USA private, was killed by the Germans in the war).

BTW, the Japanese aren't the only ones who speak and understand English, but prefer to talk through an interpreter.

Reply to
dr_jeff

What did you do in the military? Oh wait you're on welfare so haven't even been able to get out of your mother's basement yet.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Like usual you have no idea of what you speak. Most on welfare don't that's why they are like you, sucking us working fold dry.

Econo-car

Reply to
Econo-cars

Put yourself in today, far more important. How is your treatment of American Muslims you encounter? I'm no Monday morning quarterback, are you?

We murdered many of the Americans of Japanese heritage. We never apologized for it either, nor did the Canadians, though someone said last night to me that the Canadians did recently. I'll have to check that for myself before I believe it.

Right, you know how millions of Japanese think and feel. They probably hate your guts because you are clearly a racist.

You're so full of inexperience, and racist crap it hurts to read what you write. The Japanese use an Interpreter (as do English business people) for the purposes of ensuring all parties involved understand, and especially when what is being discussed must be understood by the general public to prevent panic over what their representative said or didn't say. I've done business with a few Japanese people and all meetings on our side of the earth were conducted in English because English speaking representatives were sent.

BTW many more senior Japanese business men DO NOT speak English at all, or well enough to conduct a serious business meeting in English.

Racists abound, that's no surprise. You're still inexperienced and talking through your nose on an issue you have no knowledge of personally.

It was a public issue you racist moron, millions of Japanese people speak Japanese. Toyota is a big money maker for Japan so public interest in what he had to say was high, so was making sure there was nothing lost in interpretation. He spoke in English when he was here in America. Duh, you don't even know where the news clippings you watched originated from. Are all racists as as stupid as you?

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Yes, but apparently you have not been to Montreal. The issue in Quebec was that the largest percent of English speaking Quebecers residented in Montreal, and were conducting business only in English, not French. Wow no wonder you're on welfare.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

If the issue being discussed (whether political or business) in Japan needs to be understood by the Japanese public then the Japanese representatives will speak in the language the majority of public speaks, surprise that's Japanese.

The more senior Japanese business people and government officials do not speak English well enough to trust a business or international deal on. Even fewer American business people or government officials speak a second language, including what many argue should be the second language of the USA, Spanish.

Last I read Mandarin is the fastest growing business language around the world. If learning Mandarin is so important for global business learning English may go on the back burner in the future.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

LOL, you couldn't have picked better examples to prove him wrong. Not that proving Mike wrong is all that difficult at the best of times. He opened his mouth again.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Mike" wrote.

You should read what you wrote above, Mike, while looking in the mirror. I don't agree with everything Dr. Jeff says, but most of what he says at least has a support group larger than just you and your interpretations of matters.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Did you watch the congressional hearings in Washington DC USA Where Mr Toyoda gave his opening statement in English, then switched to Japanese for the answers to congressional questions. If i dont like someone or a group of people am i racist, in this day every time someone says something about someone else they are labeled racist, i have nothing against any group of japanese but i can dislike others. Same as i dont like you i dont think the same of the rest of your countrymen, Have done business with a few Canadian company's and individuals, and it was pleasurable not so with others, since i didnt like the others does that make me racist.

Reply to
Tom

Only approximately 10% of Japanese citizens (excluding immigrants like Americans) speak English fluently. Having said that Japan is one of the most accommondating countries in the world to the English speaking population. For example many of its government run web sites offer complete English versions, such as:

The list is endless, but the above point to other Japanese government sites offering English versions.

We can all sit on our high horse and pretend nobody is as good as us, but the truth of the matter is many countries have advanced, and continue to move much faster than us. We're sitting on our complacent asses thinking we're still the best there ever was or will be. China and India are racing for top spot in world power, and with their populations making 320million seems insignificant we'd better start trying to share in partnerships instead of maintaining the reputation of being top "hog".

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You're the one on welfare, constantly making the most posts each month in a number of newsgroups. Once again you project your weaknesses onto another. Projecting isn't going to get your life in order, Mike.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars