Power Stirring

I have a 1995 Toyota Avalon, and I'm experiencing a problem with my power stirring. After the car is started and the stirring wheel is moved the slightest, the power stirring makes the same noise that's made when the stirring wheel is turned as far as it will go. I've checked the power stirring fluid level and it's fine.

What could possible be the problem?

Reply to
cea1

Sounds like you drive a blender.

Reply to
Truckdude

The power steering pump will make a growling noise if the fluid level is low, if there is a blockage in the system somewhere, or if the pump is failing. If steering effort is normal, then the pump may be failing.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for a good laugh, Truckdude! I had to take a second look at the subject line to understand. I wonder if the problem is in his stirring wheel?

Reply to
mack

cv joint

"cea1" wrote: > I have a 1995 Toyota Avalon, and I'm experiencing a problem > with my power > stirring. After the car is started and the stirring wheel is > moved the > slightest, the power stirring makes the same noise that's made > when the > stirring wheel is turned as far as it will go. I've checked > the power > stirring fluid level and it's fine. > > What could possible be the problem?

Reply to
vin

Oh, go on Ray, break into a cyber grin :) I know you want to behind that professional exterior! hehe

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I have been thinking about trying to get back into the business, having to pay to obtain, maintain, insure, and fuel cars is getting to be a drag :-(

Reply to
Ray O

Ray, thanks for the advise!

Reply to