Re: 02 Avalon cabin filter

Remove 5 screws around glove box on Avalon as instructions from Bosch

> show - would not budge.

Ron, the Avalon glovebox pops out after the removal of the four screws and one hex head sheet metal bolt. You have to give it a bit of a yank, but after those screws are gone the only thing holding the box in are several plastic clips. The glove box comes out at about a 20 degree downward slope.

Qslim

I'll give it a try this weekend! Thanks.

I know from having it done at dealership it was no big thing. So will look for a screw/bolt I am missing.

It was changed at same time Highlander was (about 12000 miles back) and Highlander was dirty.

Ron

Reply to
ron

Ron,

I performed this task on my 2001 Avalon. Maybe they are similar.

All the visible screws have been removed and it seems there is still one or two you have missed? Well, there are two compression type spring loaded clip thingies at the very bottom corners of the glovebox that are holding it in. One has to carefully, but firmly pull straight toward oneself....and they will let loose. Then you can get at everything without a problem. Once you have done it, it really is a "piece of cake".

HTH

JulieBaby

Reply to
BillieBaby

That is exactly how it feels. I was afraid to "reef" on, didn't want to save 3o$ at the expense of tearing off a big buck jockeybox door.

The 01 and 02 exteriors are real close and I think the filters are same 00 to 05 in the Bosch info

Reply to
ron