Stretch Bolts for Head on 20R?

I am replacing the head gasket on my 1978 toyota pickup with the 20R engine. I wanted to use a new set of head bolts, but I am unable to find any for sale.

I have always used new head bolts on other cars because they were "stretch" bolts and could only be used once. Is it possible that the

20R engine does not use stretch bolts and it is ok to reuse the old head bolts?

Thanks,

Greg Shortridge

Reply to
shortridge

I'm pretty sure that engine did not use the bolts you are describing, called plastic region bolts by Toyota.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
tom418

Greg, its OK to reuse these. But there is 2 that go between the exhaust ports that get corroded (they were the hard ones to get out) and can break when torquing. We stock them, try the dealership, otherwise, order them and do it right.

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

Hey, I'm in Toyotas Portland region, where is the platic region? LOL

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

Thanks for the advice. I'll re-use the old bolts.

Greg Shortridge

Reply to
shortridge

We had the same joke back in the Boston Region!

Reply to
Ray O