toyota downgraded

There's another ancient, ugly term still used in this country - mostly by those who it's supposed to degrade. They think they take the sting out by using it, but they just add weight to it, by looking the ignorant thug it's originators say we all are.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Coming from you, I take that as a compliment!

We'll have to go for a tour in redneck country some time!

Reply to
Ray O

It's older than I am, and runs. :P Pretty much... ;-)

-LMB

The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

Let's pretend to be married, to really piss them off

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Guess that fits...you run too.

From the police

*ducking*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Oh HELL no, hiding works SO much better........

*goosing*

-LMB

The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

Er, besides the rednecks, I think the missus and Capt. Hubby would also be pissed off!

BTW, I was in the checkout line in a store today, and the man at the cash register with very dark skin and an accent that sounded Jamaican to me asked me where I was from. It was all I could do to keep from bursting out laughing since we had been discussing this topic the past few days. I told him I was from the north side of Chicago and he says "Oh sorry, I thought you were from Europe." People have guessed that I was from China, Viet Nam, Korea, the Philippines, Japan, and the Dominican Republic, but Europe was a new one for me!

One of my former co-workers was from the Dominican Republic, and his boyhood best friend was of Japanese descent but only spoke Spanish, so whenever I met this co-worker, he would start speaking to me in Spanish because his experience was that someone with a Japanese face spoke Spanish

Reply to
Ray O

: Oh, come now. Between its non-specificity and its being an archaic : (and veddy British) relic of the Victorian era, it lost its sting : long ago. Nobody uses it seriously anymore.

Nobody tries to take the sting out of "wog" because it's been so long since it had any. The word you're referring to has a much more recent history.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

There used to be a guy who worked in my building who was of Japanese ancestry, but from Peru. His mannerisms, the way he carried himself, the defiant scowl he wore by default, all were steeped in Latin machismo. It was downright incongruous.

Occasionally I'd see this guy standing outside in the breezeway, taking a break and getting a bit of fresh air. One day I saw him as I walked between buildings. Rocked back in a haughty stance, he regarded me with his customary scowl as I approached. I decided to take a chance, smiled and said hello to him. It was as though I'd thrown a switch. He bright- ened right up and cheerfully returned my greeting, and always had a ready smile when we ran into each other from then on. Talk about not being able to judge a book by its cover...

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Now that you mention it, Alberto Fujimori, the former president of Peru, was of Japanese ancestry.

Reply to
Ray O

My first wife has been guilty of DWO quite a number of times. After we got married I broke her of those habits and actually made a decent driver out of her. Once we got past the idea that the throttle was ON and the brake was OFF! Whew!!!

What in God's name are you two *talking* about?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

And some of us are *STILL* waiting for a bikini pic!

Reply to
Hachiroku

What's up with that? They often seem unaware that there's a happy medium: simply lifting off the accelerator.

: I've never seen the trailer-hitch kind. The one or two I've seen : were bolted to the back of the differential.

[Click on "Click Here To See Some Mounted Nutz!"]

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

"Ray O"

Ya think? :-)

Funny, they never think I'm from Europe...

It's a topsy-turvy world...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

If more people adopted your philosophy, there would be a lot less violence in the world.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Sad, isn't it?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Hachiroku" ....

I'd advise not waiting for a pic that doesn't exist... the best I have are cleavage shots, but those are for hubby's eyes only...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I'd rather not find out for sure!