Best Rated threads in Toyota Camryshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toyota interference engines?
Which Toyota cars have interference engine designs?
4
4

Does replacing distributor O-ring require re-timing?
I want to pull the distributor and replacing the leaking shaft o-ring on my 1996 Camry wagon (four-cylinder). While I can certainly see that retiming the engine after replacing the distributor...
6
6

No power to antenna on my 94 Camry
I have a 94 Camry XLE. I replaced the broken antenna with one I purchased from a salvage yard. The old one was broken off when another driver in the family (no not me) took it through the car wash...
4
4

anyone know throttle body sizes/possible interchanges for 3SGE vs. 3SFE?
Hello all, first post here... We've got a '90 Camry, 276K original engine, runs great for the very most part. We're trying to diagnose a temperature dependent bad TPS signal to the transmission ECU,...

99 Camry Alternator Fuse Removal
Need help with removing the 100 Amp alternator fuse to replace with a new one. Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks, Ray
1
1

97 Camry timing belt..is it lethal when broken??
Friend at work was surprised that I hadn't had the timing belt changed on my 97 Camry with 93K miles. He claims I'll ruin my engine if it goes and it'll cost me 4 grand in repair work. I told him all...
10
10

valve cover gasket better with or without RTV sealant
My Haynes manual recommends RTV on the valve cover gaskets, but the Toyota dealer's mechanics install the gaskets dry. Does anyone have experience supporting sealant or none in this context? (I'd like...
2
2

5,000 mile oil changes with conventional oil??
Hello all :) I have read previous postings regarding oil changes and how many of them vary in opinion. I'm thinking of sticking to 5,000 mile oil changes with good quality conventional oil (Perhaps...
6
6

what car fluid smells like hair being permed at a beauty salon
I have a 97 camry LE 4cyl which gives off a burnt smell that reminds me of the chemicals used to perm hair in a beauty salon. I took it in to the dealer, who said they found the cause to be...
7
7

Oil Capacity on 2002 Camry 1MZ-FE V6
Hi, Can someone tell me what the oil capacity is with the OEM filter for this car? I know its in the manual but I wanted to find out if 5 Litres is too much for this engine.
14
14

Blower blows harder upon acceleration (Recirculating/feet)
My 2006 XLE, just got it, I have the heat turned on to recirculate, on my feet. When I accelerate, the blower speeds up, and when I slow down, the blower slows down. This is quite annoying in the city...
4
4

4 cylinder camry. is that motor interference or non interference ?
I now own a 99 cmry with v-6. my next toyota may be 4 cylinder. is that motor interference or non interference ?
4
4

Kirkland (Costco) Battery
I have a question about Kirkland brand battery for Camry (the replacement seems to fit lots of Toyota models: 24F type, Costco replacement number 8). This morning my 2005 Camry (4 cyl) could not...
13
13

1999 Camry v6 bucking/hesitating
All, I have a strange problem. When driving my 1999 camry at a steady speed it seems to buck or hesitate slightly. However when I accelerate, it goes away. It just happens when keeping the care at a...
17
17

slow acceleration problem after transmission flush
After a transmission flush and fuel system clean services at a local shop recently, my Camry 95 started to show a problem I never seen before, which is the slow acceleration. Now when the car is first...
8
8

2002 Camry LE Oil Filter Location
I'm used to doing my own oil/filter changes but I can't find the oil filter on my 2002 Camry LE and I'd rather not purchase a manual to find out. Can anyone help me?
6
6

No difference between Daytime Running Lights and Low Beams
Hi, Just bought a '99 XLE last month, great car. However, I've noticed it has very poor headlighting, but now I realize the low beam output is exactly the same as the daytime running light (DRL)...
5
5

1999 Camry Gear Shift Indicator Light
Hello. The indicator light on my gear shift that illuminates the P, R, N, D, etc has burned out, and I'd like to replace it. Can someone please tell me how to access it? Thanks, John
6
6

i have a 99 toyota solara my battery light is on
I put a new battery and new alternator in and my battery light is on -- +-[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]---------------------+ | posted via | | Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to | | and other groups |...
2
2

Brake and charge warning lights come on - -91 Camry
Both brake and charge light come on after about 3 miles of driving on my 1991 Toyota Camry. Battery is brand new. Alternator is about a year old. Alt. is a rebuilt purchased from Pep Boys. Battery...
1
1