2002 4Runner ignition key will not turn back to LOCK position

I feel sure its an electrical problem with the shift interlock system. However there are several different solenoids/switches. Any one have an idea which would be the culprit? If I unhook the battery it works fine. I live several hours from the nearest dealership, would like to try replacing the part myself.

Reply to
transtar