4Runner Bedding in Rotors and Pads

I'm getting ready to replace my 1999 4runner front rotors and pads (again) and was wondering what the proper way to bed-in the rotors/pads is.

I've heard get the car up to 60 mph and come to a gradual stop (repeat

4-6 times) to bed them in. There is also a procedure for the same thing at 80 mph. Apparently, this is supposed eliminate "hot spots" on the rotors???

First, I don't think I can find such as stretch of road that I can arbitrarilly start and stop from 60 mph, and second, is it necessary?

I ask if its necessary because my 4runner owners manual says nothing about bedding in brakes when the car is new, so why now?

Thanks to everyone for any help,

Randy

Reply to
james randall