k&n fipk for tacoma

Hi,

I hear the FIPK can increase the horsepower on a tacoma by about 10%. I have a 2002 V6 Pre-runner and use it to tow a trailer now and then. Has anyone installed a FIPK, and have you noticed any difference in power?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian

Here's K&N's dyno chart for your engine

No help below 2900 rpm and maybe 4-5 hp beginning at about 3000-3100 rpm. What rpm range do you usually run?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Do a search they also tend to blow the MFS (mass flow sensor?) which is a $300 part! Not worth it IMHO. I'd go with headers and larger diameter exhaust.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks for the info. I would agree, it doesn't seem like it's worth the cost.

Reply to
Brian

check out

under his 4Runner section. Interesting results.

Reply to message from "Brian" (Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:54:55) about "k&n fipk for tacoma":

B> Hi,

B> I hear the FIPK can increase the horsepower on a tacoma by about 10%. I B> have a 2002 V6 Pre-runner and use it to tow a trailer now and then. Has B> anyone installed a FIPK, and have you noticed any difference in power?

B> Thanks, B> Brian

- robert -

Robert