12V vs 6V

I pull the motor from my 59 bug. It is a 6V system. I plan on installing a

1776cc engine and convert over to a 12V electrical system. I think that this car has had an engine in it that was equipped with a 12V flywheel. However, I want to be absolutely certain that I can install a 12V flywheel. Does any one know a way to verify if I can accommodate a 12V flywheel?
Reply to
Anthony Lopez

Look on my web site for the 6V/12V conversion article.

But if the car is still 6V, the bellhousing would not have been enlarged for 12V.

I would also give some thought as to whether that poor old tranny will survive the torque from a 1776...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim