71' bus vacuum assist brake help

I'm trying to figure out whats what for the brake booster on my71' bus. I am assuming the large hose coming into the engine compartment is the vacuum hose for it but unfortunatly its just sitting there off to the side. Whats it (if thats even it) supposed to go to from there? The other problem I have is that the motor now in it is a single port so i'm not sure what I will have to do for vacuum.

Any help on this would be great! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

Yes, that sounds like the hose. I'd drill and tap a hole in the manifold riser (under the carb) for a suitable hose adapter (barbed). Or, braze a tube into the hole.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks doesn't sound like to diffucult a feat! ANyone know if there a one way or anything like that, that needs to be used at that connection? Also, is the placement of the fitting into the intake critical? (or if anyone would maybe know of a pic somewhere of a what a stock DP intake would look like with the fitting?

Many Many thanks! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

You will need a one-way valve, the stock valve is located above the left side axle in the booster hose line. Arrow towards engine. : ) Colin

Reply to
Colin