Antitheft metod - Right or wrong?

I do exactly that!

Reply to
Howard Rose

Truth of the matter is: No matter what one installs, removes, plugs in... etc. If a thief wants your car bad enough they will find ways around whatever you have. All one can do is to make it as difficult as possible to take it.

The Real Source has a locking emergency brake handle with combination lock built in.

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

I dunno... maybe the same place you can find a "Liquid Plumber" or "Liquid Wrench". Matter of fact I've heard you can fine one there.... check it out, and let me know what you find. Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

A viscous dog? now that's one i've never heard. Where can I get a semiliquid dog?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Try

or any other EMPI distributor; it is part #4457 and sells for $55.00. I have one that was used for about six months before switching to an incompatible aftermarket shifter; I'll let it go for $40.00.

Reply to
Charlie Wilson

"Tim Rogers" wrote

That may be true but how would they know to do that unless you posted the information on the internet? :o)

As a side note ... if anyone is considering doing the fake coil wire thing by using vacuum/washer hose, be aware that the car will still crank if the hose is pushed all the way in the coil and distributor cap.

Reply to
Scott H

Reply to
Max Welton

Ask Narley. He can tell you

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

.................A pocket size wire cutter takes care of that 'deterent' in about five seconds..............hmmmm...........maybe I'm in the wrong line of work............maybe I am a genius.

lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My antitheft measure is to pull the coil wire and then lock the engine lid. I also don't drive it to risky places and then let it sit for very long.

Charlie Houston TX '66 Bug "Whitey"

Reply to
Charles Myer

I just flashed on an image of Wile E. Coyote holding up the "genios" sign.

Spooky.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

must be... Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

Have you found that "liquid dog" yet? I'm telling you it's in the same place where you find "liquid plumber" and "liquid wrench".... Ah... let me guess you are the "spell check police". Try to spell check this: BITE ME! Funny how people ask questions looking for answers and all they can do when one gives them a possible solution... is nit pick on a typo. Must be the best you can do.

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

Hey Narley, take it easy, we were just joking. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

...............That attitude would keep me from messing with your bug...........unless you weren't around and if I was in to stealing.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

No offense... no problem.

Onto other subjects... Does anyone know what is the FRAM equivalent of a Mann W712/4 oil filter to fit a CB Performance #1732 Remote oil filter adapter?

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:14:20 GMT, Narley Dude® ran around screaming and yelling:

i thought your idea was a very effective and inovative idea....any system can be bypassed as we all know(no matter how effective it may seem) but as you suggested making it harder makes the car less likely to be a target...to hell with what everyone says...use your system and laugh when they come on here bitching about someone stealing their easy target, um i mean car... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:22:38 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

as can that same set of cutters "take care" of most car alarms and other "deterents"....why don't we all lock our cars up in a garage and wait for someone to steal them while we sleep? J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks Joey

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

........................I've only had one car stolen from me about 34 years ago. It was a '63 Impala that I had parked on the street outside of my apt. after having more than a few drinks............my gf laughed her ass off the next morning when we came outside because I had been so focused on getting naked with her inside my apt. that I had forgotten to take the key out of the ignition switch..............lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers