Car Values

"Vicki O'" wrote

That name kinda rolls of the tongue nicely.

My wife named my '72 standard "Flattery" because it gets me nowhere.

Reply to
johnboy

Flattery O'Connor?

nobody with a good tow truck needs to be justified.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

My Mustang told me her name (Lenore Cherry) so nope. Still don't think you need help. My old baja was ZugMaschine, though he came with that name. The 68 I stole from Jan decided his name should be Gothzilla since he's my little black monster. And... Jan can't say Gothzilla so it's fun to watch him try. :) I don't think WE name the cars. I think they tell us their names if we only listen hard enough. Goth and Lenore are getting married someday. Wonder what the babies would like?

I talk to her every time I'm near

I like you already.

At

Give me awhile and I'll be over the limit if I have my way. I used to bitch (big shocker there) about all the cars Jan had. Though some of his weren't even project cars. Just scrap metal. This was when I just had 1 car. Then suddenly I got bit by the extention of the Bug bug, which is the Classic bug, and now I have more cars than him. :D One day I want a

10 car garage. You know, to house the cars that need it. The rest can sit in the driveway.

But Lelu is the only VW, so in a way, I only have one car! Maybe

Umm... nothing. He's a dude! *snicker*

he's been wanting me to sell her since

Don't listen to him. Just do what I do when Jan starts spewing stuff out of his mouth (ie. talking)... picture him (In this case picture your hubby, not Jan though it's not a bad picture at all IMO) nekkid and go off in a daydream. Remember to throw in a "yes dear" and "absolutely" every once in awhile and I promise, all you'll hear is "blah blah blah blah". Works every time!

I told him that even if she dies

I'll let you know, as soon I can get someone to keep my 3 year old longer than 24 hours before they call and demand a refund. :D

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Lets all come to grips with reality,.. We all need Profesional help!

Compared to the cars on the road today our bugs are,...

  1. Harder to Drive
  2. Suck fuel more than a full size pickup truck
  3. Strand us when we least want them to.
  4. to small for my gut and wifes growing belly (baby due in Dec)
  5. Oh Yes,.. speaking of baby,.. doesn't have seat belts in the back seat for 2 kids and a car seat .
  6. No Air Conditioner
  7. Power "ANYTHING"!!!!!!!

But even with all these things,.. I wouldn't trade our bug for a new car loaded woth all the bells and whistles. Tell me,..

IS THAT A SIGN OF SANITY?????

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Nooooo Waaay, but it's a good myth.

Reply to
johnboy

Don't tell me, let me guess: The Mother's Curse works."I hope you have a kid just like you".

That's why I've always been afraid to have kids.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Yeah except my mother made it worse by adding "...but 10 times worse than you ever thought about being!" She cursed my sister and then she cursed me. I have a feeling the Terrible Two's are turning into the Terrible Three's... and Four's.. and Five's.... Lord help me.

*so...SO tired*

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Reply to
D&LBusch

Yes,.. WAY!

My Bug uses more gas than the 95 Chevy Corsica with a straight 6 in it. SHe drives the Bug exactly the smae miles every day and it takes about 2 gallons more per week to get her around. I think all the hills might have something to do with it as well. Or it could even be her driving skills,.. or lack there of .

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Now you know why I'm afraid to sire offspring.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

beat up old car?

You must be trolling.

Reply to
jkentta

Since when is a Corsica (with a 6 no less) considered a full size pickup? My 1980 Chevy crew cab long bed with a 350 (economy version) gets about 8 mpg with no load. However, fully loaded pulling a trailer

- it still gets 8 mpg.

If your bug sucks more than 8 mpg, somethings wrong. :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric Mattle

Geez, thats as bad as my 86 chev 1 ton truck with a 454 in it. Will double check the gas mileage this weekend, got a long trip to make with it pulling a real heavy 30ft cargo trailer packed full of crap.

Reply to
Randy

Gee. That makes 15mpg empty, 13mpg w/trailer on my F150 sound great

Reply to
Neil

I agree,... my Bugs milage is looking real good now .

Reply to
Ken

I'd say so also. I filled up my work truck twice this week (and it's nearly empty again) 75 bucks on monday, 65 bucks on tuesday. This is probably going to be the death of my line of work.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®