Does anyone have a picture of where the c-clip is located on the front left wheel?

i took off my hubs. i couldnt seem to find the c-clip. am i supposed to take off my tire off the rotor?

Reply to
69vwdude

No. Look at the center of the left front wheel. There should be a dome about 1 3/4" across in the middle. In the very center of that one should be a square hole that normally holds the end of the speedo cable. The cable is held in place with the c-clip.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Just look at the bearing cap on the hub. It should have a square hole punched through the middle, that's where the cable pokes through and then the clip just prevents the cable from walking backward and disengaging from the hub. See pictures. This is from a 1974 super beetle, yours may look a little different. These are shots of the front drivers side wheel. Also..if the cable is missing you'll probably have to pull the cap from the hub in order to get it back together..I've only managed to fish the cable through the cap while it was installed a few times, most of the time it won't line up on it's own.

Chris

Reply to
Hal