more idler arm problems

How do I solve this?

I wanted to replace the idler arm shaft bushing and everything is turning very difficult, the idler arm shaft broke, I had to grind two of bolts that hold the shaft to the body, and now I need to separate the shaft from the idler arm. Any ideas? I'm going to replace the shaft anyway, so destructive means are also welcome.

Oh yes, this is a 72 SB.

Ant

Reply to
Ant

"Ant" wrote

Ant, I'm curious, did you resolve this?

Just for grins, I removed the one on my parts car (also a '72 SB) to see if I might run into the same problems. I guess I was lucky on mine, everything came apart very easily.

Reply to
Scott H

Well, I'm in the middle of it now.

The whole steering of this one is very old and it's all covered with some sort of tar-like substance that doesn't make things easier. What I'm doing is drilling the stupid shaft from below the idler arm. I had to stop becasue it was raining, but hopefully tomorrow I should get somewhere with this.

Hey, thanks for asking :) Ant

Scott H wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant