Newbie to aircooleds needs advice on wheels

Hey guys, Yahoo! isn't turning up any pertinent info, so you people are my last bastion of manhood. ;-)

I want to get my uncle some aluminum wheels for his '70 Beetle (Baja style), but can't seem to find any 15x8-inch wheels with a 4x130 bolt pattern except Weld Draglites, which aren't rated for off-road use.

If any of you can mention even a brand name to get me started, I'd much appreciate it. What I'm looking for specifically are wheels with holes in them (like most of those American Racing Equipment wheels you see on trucks), but any aluminum wheel will do as long as it's not chromed!

BTW, the Draglite is $150/ea at Summit Racing, for those who are interested:

Miki Kanazawa

There are a couple of other options to consider. You can get adapters to adapt the current bolt pattern on the Bug to a different one like Chevy, Ford or other. Or you could have the drums drilled for another wheel pattern as weell. However if you go to a 5 bolt pattern from a 4 you might be better off getting new blank drums and have them drilled for the desired bolt pattern you want. This will give you a lot more options on wheels.

Javier

Best bet is to look in the Vw magazines, there are hundreds of ad's in those things.

And this group should be your first place for info.!!!!

-=Allan=-

-=A=-