OT Driveway paintjob/Herculiner complete on Jeep

If you're bored and wanna check out some non-air-cooled content, check out:

think it turned out pretty good. But not so good that it'll make meworry about scratching it up on the trails. ;-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

That ain't no Jeep! Can't be! It's got a floor! Didn't they come stock with metal oxide lightening technology? All the ones around here have it.

Reply to
jjs

Good job Travis! Looks A-Ok...

Something wrong about the dimentions though, either the roll bar is to tall along with the windshield, or the darn thing is to short! Can't make my mind up about that. ;o}

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Looks good. Tell me about "Herculiner" and how you applied it, prep, etc. & does it come in colors?

content, check

I think it turned out pretty good. But not so good thatit'll make me

Reply to
Busahaulic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:24:17 GMT, "Busahaulic" shared the following:

Yes, it comes in different colors.

It was about $100 for the gallon kit that came with 2 rollers and a brush. I bought one extra quart of it but wound up not even having to use it. The kit also came with a scuffing pad. I started to use that, but switched over to 150 grit sandpaper instead. I sanded out the inside, then blew it out with a leaf blower, then wiped it down a couple of times with Xylex that I got from Home Depot as per the instructions in the Herculiner kit. I used the brush to apply almost all of the first coat.. It starts out not looking so great, but once you get a thin layer on and it starts to tack up you can use the roller to put on a thicker coat that looks much more uniform. It took about 2 hours to do the whole inside of the Jeep from start to finish, not including about 1/2 hour of waiting for the first coat to get tacky enough to put the second coat on. There are a couple of spots way up in the footwells that I'm going to spray over with gloss black paint where I didn't get great coverage... The pedals were in the way of the brush and roller so it was really hard to get up in there. Overall I think it turned out GREAT. It feels VERY durable. The kit I bought had a little sample patch of the stuff on the outside of the box so you can get an idea of what it feels like. I have a little over a quart left of the stuff and I'm toying with the idea of using it for an undercoating. About 15 minutes after I put the second coat on, it started to rain. The instructions said that the Herculiner cures as a result of being exposed to moisture in the air so I just let the rain wash over it. It quit raining about an hour later. I went out and checked and the Herculiner had set up great. SWEET!! :-) Good luck with it if you decide to try it out. It was pretty easy to so.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

A few years back I had the entire floor area of my bus sprayed with pickup bed liner at RhinoLiner. I put expanding foam on the floor to level it, added 20 gauge galvenized sheetmetal, eclosed the area between the front fenders... Sprayed from under the back seat all the way to the front kick panels. Great stuff. I want to do the exterior nose and lower sides - I think! Thanks. The Jeep does look a whole lot better.

applied

was about

brush. I

to use it.

that, but

the inside,

couple of

instructions in

Reply to
Busahaulic

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:34:38 -0500, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

you make it too easy to call you a redneck...LOL J(who has many, many uses for a leaf blower, but never blows leaves..)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oh,..............Now that's Just Sick! Sick I tell ya!.................SICK!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:48:32 GMT, MUADIB® ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL scott....who is the sick one?... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani