OT I'm not sayin'...... (warning: political content)

Maybe if there was someone truly worth voting for and not the filthy rich politicians that are the only ones allowed to run. Besides your vote counts for nothing, only the electorals count, yours is only so you can think you are helping.

Reply to
Javier

bullshit...at 18 you are legally an adult and can register to vote...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

since we, as Americans, are "free, would you please refrain from your name calling of those that have an opinion that differs from yours? we are all free to form our own opinion...i think yours is wrong....and i do have an actual entire brain(have had my cat scanned, "varsityblues")....

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

And you can definitely rent a car or truck. How do you think people move their crap to college?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I must remind our International participants that not all Americans belive this rubbish.

John

Reply to
John Connolly

What rubbish? This?

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!" BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! BE PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!! SUPPORT THEM!!! SUPPORT AMERICA!!

You don't believe you should never be afraid to do what is right? You don't believe you should be proud to be an American? You don't think you should be proud of our troops? You don't think you should support them? You don't think you should support America? Just checking. You weren't very clear and sounded more like you were just trying to sound a bit "holier than thou" while you felt that you "must remind" our International participants about what you don't belive in.

Reply to
Shaggie

This is a much better Sig line.

I like it much better than the old one you had.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Their parents rent it for them???

My best guess anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Well, it's been a while but when I went to college I rented a Ryder truck myself and I was 18. Maybe the rental companies have changed since then.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

...............You must be an old fart. They haven't been renting to 25 and under's for a long time.

timmy (who knows all about being an old fart)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Thanks. :) I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Kidd "We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Um, I too am embarrassed by that simplistic father-son morality "lesson." Perhaps that is what John was referring to. I have enough friends overseas to know that to them, many Americans seem as bright as a burned-out light bulb, as informed as a slightly slow hillbilly, as morally repressed as those Puritans that England invited to leave a few hundred years ago, as pompous and self-righteous as a televangelist, and as open to new ideas as G.W. Bush himself.

Moving on,

I DO believe that I should not be afraid to do what is right. I don't believe that this country did the right thing in the case of Iraq.

I AM proud to be an American. When we do things that make me proud. But I am ashamed to be an American when we don't. I can be proud of my son when he does something exemplary, but not if he does something shameful. It's okay to allow both attitudes -- there is enough room in citizens for both without bringing the country down.

I AM proud of those young men and women in service. I DO support them: I wish them long life and quick removal from dangerous and uncomfortable conditions. Supporting them does NOT mean supporting the policy of Bush.

And I WILL support America when America does things I think exemplify our best intentions and hopes. Not if America does something out of fear, deceit, corruption or greed. It does seem that we do 9 of the 2nd thing for every 1 of the first.

Others may feel differently. It is a free country. "Blind obedience," said St. Ignatius of Loyola, "should make you like a dead piece of wood that someone can use as a walking stick."

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

HEY! What'cha got against hillbillies?? What'd we ever do to you?!

K. "We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Reply to
ilambert

the problem is "what's right" is subject to interpretation. I'm sure Osama felt that his actions on 9/11 "was right " from HIS POINT OF VIEW.

And with regards to invading countries for "our protection and best interest", that's the same thing the Russians and Chinese were doing with their political systems in the past, right? So why was it "OK" for the US to "defend innocent countries against invading hoards (communism)" 30-40 years ago, and now all of a sudden it's ok for the USA to invade countries to spread democracy? Who says democracy is better then communism? That's a matter of opinion! China is doing just fine without democracy, the USA will find that out soon enough. The only reason americans feel invading is OK is because it's US doing the invading, but back then it was US doing the protecting.

This is really arrogant thinking on the part of the United States. It's also why most of the World can't stand the USA and Americans, and also why the USA is such a TARGET FOR TERRORISTS; we have given them every reason to hate us.

But I just don't like being lumped in with the other arrogant me-first americans, that's all I'm saying.

You have every right to have your point of view, and I have every right to disagree with it. But I'm also saying I don't think this has any place on RAMVA, I'm sure there are politically based USENET groups for this stuff. We have enough issues here without politics.

John

Reply to
John Connolly

That stupid "The Beverly Hillbillies"! - that's what!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Roadkill Stew, anyone?

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

My goodness, an american with brains and common sense! What has this world come to!!

LOL ;)

:D :D :D :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Some of "us" know ;)

But sadly, "our" views are formed largely by what we see on tv.

And what is on TV is always something that the tv people deem "interesting" enough to broadcast. (Practically never show the everyday life of a normal, working class family, if there's nothing dramatic happening in their lives).

"we" don't have a clue on what the average american thinks, or how he lives, or works.

You can blame it on the media, yours and ours. If it isn't *exceptional* and thereby "big news", it doesn't get any attention.

So we get to see all the crazy and stupid stuff. LOL. Like your President... ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Agreed. Thanks for giving a more clear answer of what you believe in instead of just discarding something as rubbish.

That's also probably true. In my feeble defense, I did put "OT" in the subject, and I've been a part of some pretty lively, interesting conversation with members of the group and correctly assumed that this would spark another one. Regards, Travis

Reply to
Shaggie