OT I'm not sayin'...... (warning: political content)

Hey, you!........ Don't get used to it. ;-)

Reply to
Shaggie

BTW, you forgot to include Daddy's White Hood in the beginning of your story. Without this necessary item the story makes no sense.

John

Reply to
John Connolly

[snip]

[snip]

Or the results of a Presidential election. If this incumbent gets re-elected it will just confirm the belief that Americans are a bunch of easily-duped nitwits. It's like he's driving our collective car straight toward a concrete wall at high speed and we're in the back seat are letting him do it because he hasn't blinked even once. Determination is no replacement for thought.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

In many states you can vote early at public librarys and court houses. If you are over 18, get it out of your system and go vote now! I did.... I will defend your right to vote no matter how stupid it is.....Just vote, and then get back to VW stuff that we can argue about. Hire and Fire who you will.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

.................And the lack of determination emboldens your enemies. One of the stupidest things I ever did was voting for Jimmie Carter back in '76. Since then, if there's any hint of a lack of determination & conviction in any candidate......to hell with them. No matter what direction this country goes in, having a Neville Chamberlain style weakling in the White House is not the way to get there.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

So, everyone of you,,,

with all your complaints, remarks and commentary... Its as simple as this..

If you don't like it the way it is, or may be, *VOTE*..

If you don't vote, you have *NOTHING* to complain about.

btw, the ability to vote is *NOT* a constitutional right.... Check it out, you don't HAVE to be allowed to vote....

something to think about

Reply to
vwluvrs

Well, it needn't be black and white. I reckon there is a sweet spot between thoughtless determination, and thoughtful lack of determination.

I like thoughtful determination.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:52:10 +0200, Jan scribbled this interesting note:

How aged is it???

John Willis

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:37:15 -0600, "John Connolly" scribbled this interesting note:

Well, not exactly, although I do take your point.

From an objective point of view, as defined by Marx himself, there is no such thing as a Communistic government (any large one, anyway) anywhere on Earth, since the first thing Marx says must be done after any overthrow of a corrupt government is to establish a democratic system.

Communism is more of an economic model than a political one. Too bad most people fail to understand this. The Chinese understand it since they are currently trying to have it all...a dictatorial government with no free elections along with a hybrid market/centrally controlled economy. So even the Chinese understand that it is impossible for a centrally controlled government to take into account all the variables a large economy has and make everything work out like it should.

The only real way to manage a large, global economy is a slightly regulated free market system as no one can do it all and some are more efficient than others at some things. Although the playing field should be level for all players...and that will take a while.

John Willis

What worries me is we have seen all the damage Bush has done and if he wins this election, he don't have to worry about being re-elected - 8 years is the term. He can really go wild on his second term. I can't belive anyone can say Bush has done anything to give our chrilden a future. He has made more enemies then any president in history. Anything having to with clean air, water, the forests, giving a free hand to gas companies and big industry. Outsourcing jobs. Creating thousands more Osama's because of his quest to get oil . Let's not forget the Prison in Iraq, that went over real big. Leaving us at home without our National Guard. For everyone's info. we have a draft right now. The guys serving have to reserve over and over again, some are in their 50's . 1 /3 are not answering the call to go back to Iraq. China is growing like crazy, in the next 5 years they will be blowing Japan and the U.S away in Industry. Oh yea Bush has a great future planned for our children.

Reply to
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa

..............And what about mindless flip-flopping inorder to pander to different special interests? No real convictions are needed. Just put on some brand new LL Bean threads and go shoot a goose for a reporters' photo-op. Very thoughful indeed! It would be nice if there really was something called 'thoughtful determination' on either side of this election but McCain & Dean got outmaneuvered by the entrenched political establishment. Once again, this thread began with a fairytale that is based on the situation in Iraq and it doesn't really matter who wins because we're still going to be there for a long time doing what we're already doing regardless of who is President for the next four years.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On 22 Oct 2004 12:37:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@OPTONLINE.NET (Joe Cali Next Generation-usa) scribbled this interesting note:

Not necessarily. From an economic point of view, growth like that seen in China can only be supported for a relatively short time until a plateau is reached. China still has a long way to go and a lot of people to use up in its race to catch up. A the same time the rest of the developed world will also continue to develop...

John Willis

Thanks John.

Ps. Are you still interested in a early T1? There is a 43/46 for sale in Sweden, built by the britts in 46, 43 KDF body(Body # 6**) many 43-46 parts, litterature etc. Not complete, they want 140.000,- SEK It's listed in a November issue of a Swedish mag, also a cheap -52 for sale..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

how much is that in American Pesos?

John

Reply to
John Connolly

140 kSEK is about 19,5 kUSD.
Reply to
Olli Lammi

..............It's remarkable how many westerners are unaware of the fact that there is only a small portion of China that's part of a modern cash economy. The average Chinese is a semi-literate peasant who is still farming without even a tractor or a rototiller. China has virtually no navy and their airforce is flying forty year old designs that are copied from the Russians. Their army was relatively well equipped and modern for its day during the Korean war thanks to the Russians but hasn't been modernized at all for many decades since they broke off with the Soviet Union back during the late fifties. The current rate of economic growth is dazzling on paper but that's because they're starting from where we were more than 150 years ago. They've concentrated some of their resources inorder to build ICBMs and nuclear weapons but that's mostly just window dressing that's supposed to boost their national ego and impress the rest of the world.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

But, do we want to be in Iran too?

-Jen

Reply to
Aquarijen

...............Not unless they start misbehaving.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I nominate that for the most asinine comment in this entire thread.

Reply to
Shaggie

not my fault that "ilambert" does that everytime he hits the "send' button...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue