OT: Not my favorite kind of draft

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

There is only one type of draft that is worse. The draft you get sneaking up your ankles when driving around in your air cooled Volkswagen indicating you need new floor pans ... and heater channels.

-Ray

Ray Dios Haque

There are so many reasons not to have a draft that I have to believe the Senator is off his friggin rocker. Even military experts agree that a force of draftees is less effective than volunteers and the fatality ratio of an army with draftees is much higher. Further, his argument that it's the middle and lower-middle classes that are serving doesn't mean that a draft will change that. During the Vietnam war it was the privileged and upper-middle class that managed to stay out - they had the money or influence to buy an excuse.

Reply to
jjs

Further, his argument that it's the

He knows that. So look past that red herring -- think of another reason he might say it.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I can think of a few reasons. What do you have in mind?

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
ilambert

Canadians have other draft issues to worry about. Like, when you order a draft, will it be frehser than from the bottle?

Take off, eh!

But seriously, I like Canada, and Canadians are cool people. So I will stop with the silly stereotypes.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

Draft Beer, Home brew, of course.